Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) PF Matt Cross to Miami

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

Assuming he's not thug, I'd be interested if he's 6'7"-6'8" and has some semblance of an inside game and interior defense. In other words a PF in the CWat mold. 

If he's a 6'5" he'd need to be a real knock-down shooter or else it's it's gonna get awfully crowded on the wing.  

Yeah so again I benefit from living 8 minutes from Grand Park, where EYBL happens. He’s definitely the combo forward role. Not a power forward, but I’d not classify him as a wing. Frankly I’m a little surprised to see his high usage at 3 pt given the way he plays. High energy. His AAU team was not good, it was mostly him generating plays, and probably sacrificing his efficiency in the process. But he plays big because he’s so active and will gladly challenge a true big for a rebound. He’s not one of those skinny 6’8” kids that wants to be a 3. He’s also not 6’8”. 

I haven’t heard anything too bad about him. There was a tweet saying he hadn’t broken a team rule or the law. Sounds like he butted heads with the coach maybe? 

I really liked him. I always love the super active players. And his shooting percentages would be welcome. 

The likely enrollment at a B1G or SEC school is interesting. 

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

The likely enrollment at a B1G or SEC school is interesting. 

Interesting; however, I believe that both South Carolina and Texas A&M were serious contenders last time around.