Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) PF Matt Cross to Miami

8 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

An insider on another board heavily insinuated that Matt Cross may make a decision before his A&M visit to get ahead of Geronimo's visit to IU at the end of the month.

Would be huge to wrap 2020 up before the season starts. Not saying you stop recruiting the class in situations, but having 3-4 commits would be nice. You could start focusing on 2021. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Would be huge to wrap 2020 up before the season starts. Not saying you stop recruiting the class in situations, but having 3-4 commits would be nice. You could start focusing on 2021. 

We have 4 grants open for next year, but a few of the 'insiders' have insinuated that Archie may be looking to add 1-3 players in addition to Anthony & Trey. - so maybe there is space for Cross, a big, and a ball handler still.  On paper it seems a bit odd to bring in 5 players in '20 with a monster class following in '21 w/Lader, Furst, Kaufman, etc., but CAM knows what he needs & when he needs it.

11 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

We have 4 grants open for next year, but a few of the 'insiders' have insinuated that Archie may be looking to add 1-3 players in addition to Anthony & Trey. - so maybe there is space for Cross, a big, and a ball handler still.  On paper it seems a bit odd to bring in 5 players in '20 with a monster class following in '21 w/Lader, Furst, Kaufman, etc., but CAM knows what he needs & when he needs it.

I could see that and imagine that there is a decent chance of another scholarship or 2 opening by '21 too. A grad transfer PG would be a great fit for class balance too. 

I really like the in-state class for '21, but a bird in hand and all that. IMO, address the needs with the best players available, just don't reach for any projects.

In Cross’s latest interview on 247 before his visit to A&M he suggested he wants to play the 3 spot and that Miami was recruiting him for the 3 spot. I know IU was recruiting him as a 4. Got to wonder if Jordan’s commitment will have him look elsewhere. Looks like Miami might have the edge. We shall see soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

In Cross’s latest interview on 247 before his visit to A&M he suggested he wants to play the 3 spot and that Miami was recruiting him for the 3 spot. I know IU was recruiting him as a 4. Got to wonder if Jordan’s commitment will have him look elsewhere. Looks like Miami might have the edge. We shall see soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That’s how I feel about it. Not sure if Miami, but i think Indiana’s odds took a major hit. Makes sense though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If we get Cross that’s excellent-he’s a tough kid.
If we don’t, and we end up with a class of Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, and Garcia or Loveday, and Love or Whitt, that’d work too ;)

Yeah I want Cross but I don’t see a 3. If that’s the position he wants, I can’t blame either side. Big fish hunting time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app