Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) PF Matt Cross to Miami

Rivals has Cross at 79 if I recall seeing that correctly. Do the people that didn't like this recruit when he was in the 200s like him better now?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This bear was poked already in the previous pages - answers there too

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

South Carolina insiders seem to think he’s heading there, just put another cb pick in for them.

Yeah I saw that. The 72% guy followed the 66% guy. For Crystal Ball predictions that’s about as bad as it gets. I truly think quite a few people here could do better.

Corey Evans - 

A top-80 prospect in the 2020 class that has become a national target, 

Matt Cross

has never been a giant proponent of the recruiting process and all of the attention that comes along with it.

Having taken official visits already to Butler, Indiana, Miami and South Carolina, Cross told Rivals.com last month that he might be ready to make his college decision once his travel season completed. That will not be the case. Instead, Cross will take two more official visits in the coming weeks.

Florida and Texas A&M were not viewed as legitimate contenders for Cross in recent weeks. However, both Mike White and Buzz Williams was present at a number of his games last week in Augusta and thanks to their increased attention, the Gators and Aggies will receive official visits from the standout forward

On July 22, Cross will visit Florida and will follow with a trip to College Station, though a date is still being worked out. The feeling surrounding Cross is that Indiana and Miami might be out in front but visits to the two SEC programs could change things. Regardless, look for Cross to finish out his visit tour this month with a decision likely to be made shortly thereafter.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Corey Evans - 

A top-80 prospect in the 2020 class that has become a national target, 

Matt Cross

has never been a giant proponent of the recruiting process and all of the attention that comes along with it.

Having taken official visits already to Butler, Indiana, Miami and South Carolina, Cross told Rivals.com last month that he might be ready to make his college decision once his travel season completed. That will not be the case. Instead, Cross will take two more official visits in the coming weeks.

Florida and Texas A&M were not viewed as legitimate contenders for Cross in recent weeks. However, both Mike White and Buzz Williams was present at a number of his games last week in Augusta and thanks to their increased attention, the Gators and Aggies will receive official visits from the standout forward

On July 22, Cross will visit Florida and will follow with a trip to College Station, though a date is still being worked out. The feeling surrounding Cross is that Indiana and Miami might be out in front but visits to the two SEC programs could change things. Regardless, look for Cross to finish out his visit tour this month with a decision likely to be made shortly thereafter.

Sounds like the odds of a Cross commitment just dropped significantly.

Corey Evans commenting on recruits closing in on their decisions.

There was some who thought that Cross, one of the more discussed names in college coaching circles, was going to make his decision before July, thanks to the four official visits he took to Butler, Indiana, Miami and South Carolina. Obviously, that was not the case ,as Cross played things out through July. Just last week, he took another official visit, this time to Florida. Maybe a commitment was imminent? Not so fast, as he has scheduled an official visit to Texas A&M for the weekend of Aug. 27.

Much of the talk prior to his trip to Gainesville had surrounded Indiana and Miami, but it does seem as if Florida has nudged its way into the mix. Could the Aggies do just the same? They will be the only school to host him during a football weekend, which could turn the tide. Cross has become a bit fatigued by the recruiting process and will likely end things shortly after his trip to College Station.