Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) PF Matt Cross to Miami

Is it too arrogant to think that Cross was going to commit to IUBB as soon as Geronimo’s OV (and Cross’s A&M visit) was over, Jordan was told as much, and he therefore committed before Cross took his spot?
Cause that might just be the reality of the situation.

Possible Jordan took his spot. IU and Miami were the teams that were always mentioned as the teams on the top line with Cross. Miami has a good pipeline from the BABC AAU program and I guess Miami’s coach is really goods friends with the head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I'm thinking that we got the better end of the deal. I think Geronimo has more upside with his athleticism. A good Troy Williams type.

I agree. Not sour grapes at all, I just wasn't feeling it with Cross, since a 6'7" power forward that wants to play the 3 didn't ring my bell. I would like to see IU get a Post and PG and call it a class! 

22 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I agree. Not sour grapes at all, I just wasn't feeling it with Cross, since a 6'7" power forward that wants to play the 3 didn't ring my bell. I would like to see IU get a Post and PG and call it a class! 

Amen, to looking for a PG and Post player now.  Preferably Garcia and Love, or wait for Lander.

And, no offense to Miami basketball, but it took almost three hours for anyone from Miami to write an article about his commitment.  And...there are still no comments on that article.  I'm not saying he won't fit in well, excel, and enjoy his stay in sunny miami...but, Jordan Geronimo chose Indiana for reasons I would as an out-of-state prospect.  I like that about Geronimo.  

And, in all fairness, perhaps Jordan's commitment did make a difference in Matt's commitment.  Either way...

Of all the kids that the staff was in on, Cross was the one who interested me the least, easily. He looks to me like a trail 4 in an up tempo system, kind of a Luke Maye type. Archie can talk all he wants about pushing the pace,  but he really seems to want to play a fairly low possession mid tempo game. And I just don’t see Cross’s fit. He’s a tweener in a bad way, too small for a traditional 4 and not a good enough athlete to hold up on the wing. I don’t know who he defends against big-time competition and you’re gonna have to run stuff to get him looks because he isn’t going to get his own. Given a choice I’ll take Geronimo 10 times out of 10 over Cross. 

I like Cross but I’m not unhappy about this. Anticipated it. We need a big or a PG, preferably a big.

I like late rising, athletic players. Especially ones that show a penchant to shoot. Geronimo fits the billing.

Garcia is by all accounts a stud. Love is a stud too, although I’ve seen mixed reviews by some. Loveday seemed to drop off and I don’t know if the AAU style hindered him or if it was athleticism.

I think we only add 1 more and I’m okay with that. I want class balance to continue.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

10 hours ago, Demo said:

Of all the kids that the staff was in on, Cross was the one who interested me the least, easily. He looks to me like a trail 4 in an up tempo system, kind of a Luke Maye type. Archie can talk all he wants about pushing the pace,  but he really seems to want to play a fairly low possession mid tempo game. And I just don’t see Cross’s fit. He’s a tweener in a bad way, too small for a traditional 4 and not a good enough athlete to hold up on the wing. I don’t know who he defends against big-time competition and you’re gonna have to run stuff to get him looks because he isn’t going to get his own. Given a choice I’ll take Geronimo 10 times out of 10 over Cross. 

Damn, this sounds word for word like something I would write. I've shared similar sentiments on other sites. I'm sure he'll be a fine player, but Cross was never a prospect that excited me. 

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I like Cross but I’m not unhappy about this. Anticipated it. We need a big or a PG, preferably a big.

I like late rising, athletic players. Especially ones that show a penchant to shoot. Geronimo fits the billing.

Garcia is by all accounts a stud. Love is a stud too, although I’ve seen mixed reviews by some. Loveday seemed to drop off and I don’t know if the AAU style hindered him or if it was athleticism.

I think we only add 1 more and I’m okay with that. I want class balance to continue.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

This. Makes a lot of sense to me. My only thought is if the staff is looking at a 4-6 man class then they know the 5th or 6th scholarship is likely available because of someone else graduating/transfer. If that's the case then I kinda hope they do get a big and another PG and end with a 5 man class. Depth at the pg would be nice in 2020. Just as long as it doesn't steer Lander away in 21. I don't know if Love is 'thee' answer, but I think Rob could play on the court at the same time with him. And balance would be better with only a 4 man class, but we all know recruiting is fluid, so who knows how the current roster will look 2-3 yrs from now with early entry, graduation or transfer?