Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Baseball vs. Minnesota: Massive Series

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ok.. and before that? 2 starts dont define anything and plenty of that was Mercer making a mistake and leaving Pauley in too long. 

I’m not saying they are bad. I’m saying they gotta start giving us more. Not sure why you exist in this world where good players always play good and vice versa

22 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m not saying they are bad. I’m saying they gotta start giving us more. Not sure why you exist in this world where good players always play good and vice versa

But what you meant to say is... just pitch like they have all year long. Easy as that. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But what you meant to say is... just pitch like they have all year long. Easy as that. 

The fact I didn’t say it the way you would does not make it wrong. 

And Gordon started the season odd rocky so yours wouldn’t even be accurate. 

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The fact I didn’t say it the way you would does not make it wrong. 

"Gotta start giving us more" isnt what I said at all. Not even close. Gotta start giving us more implies they havent been good all year, which they have, Cole Barr has got to start giving us more. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

"Gotta start giving us more" isnt what I said at all. Not even close. Gotta start giving us more implies they havent been good all year, which they have, Cole Barr has got to start giving us more. 

Whatever you say man. Your reading between the lines of what I said clearly is more accurate than what I said and have reiterated. 

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Whatever you say man. Your reading between the lines of what I said clearly is more accurate than what I said and have reiterated. 

All I said to start was SP was the least of my worries lol and again... SP is the least of my worries. 

Saalfrank's curve ball is such a weapon and he uses it to strike out 2 guys in 1st. Also a hit by Minny on a bunt single but FIneman throws him out trying to steal. Having Fineman back is really important as he is a much better hitter and defensive catcher.

Teams apparently switched roles today. Minny swung at off speed pitches way out of zone and booted an easy play in the field. IU was patient, took walks and used small ball with a Cole Barr slap double to left plating 2 and still have bases loaded one out. If I didn't know any better I would think each teams switched uniforms before first pitch.

Simple RBI ground out adds another and IU leads 3-0 and bases loaded with 2 outs and we've chased the starting pitcher. This a weaker pitcher but he still has a decent curve ball and we were patient with it for a big inning unlike first 2 days.

Saalfrank gets Minny to swing at more junk for a K than produces ground outs for 1-2-3 inning. As I said I give this staff credit for finally turning Saalfrank into the potential stud pitcher I saw as a freshman and developed him. Something was a foreign concept to the Lemonis staff. 

More stupidity from Minny in field as a high chop by Gorski in front of plate that should of been thrown to first for easy out instead throws high to second and we again are 2 on 0 outs. 

Minny playing awful baseball again as an easy double play ball is tossed into left field and IU plates 2. Bradley then had a miscommunication with the umpire who he thought awarded him second for interference but apparently says he didn't and Bradley tagged out in pickle.

These 2 innings show why Minny a below .500 team. All the talent in the world that showed up first 2 days, but also like IU incredibly sloppy at times like today and don't have the power in lineup to bail then out like we do. 5-0 after 2.

Minny with a 2 out RBI double past the diving Dunham in deep left but Saalfrank K's the next guy with his typical nasty curve and its 5-1 after 3.5 innings.

IU makes its first mistake if day when Saalfrank knocks a ball down at mound but throws high of first putting runners at 2nd and 3rd 2 outs but a ground ball to first ends inning 6-1. Halfway home.