Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Capt. Crimson

It’s that time of year again....

Where I continue to check the board every 5 minutes for no reason and there are no new posts. Slowly have to ween myself off of the boards for the summer (meaning only checking a couple times a week).

Am I alone here?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s normal. Traffic slows in April. Picks back up July some. Really starts to get to normal levels around September.

It’s normal. Traffic slows in April. Picks back up July some. Really starts to get to normal levels around September.

Oh I get it. It’s just a habit I find myself needing to break each year.

Oh I get it. It’s just a habit I find myself needing to break each year.

Feel free to stick around there will be plenty of us here through the summer. I always like talking IU ball with the people that stick around and there are plenty here that will keep updating all the recruiting periods and any other information that’s out there. Plus Mdn82 isn’t about time for the mandatory rankings do or don’t matter debate that like clockwork happens every year? Lol

Feel free to stick around there will be plenty of us here through the summer. I always like talking IU ball with the people that stick around and there are plenty here that will keep updating all the recruiting periods and any other information that’s out there. Plus Mdn82 isn’t about time for the mandatory rankings do or don’t matter debate that like clockwork happens every year? Lol

Ha, oh there will be plenty of convos this summer as there always is. I think following the transfers will be interesting. Who busts out for the 2020 class? Where do we focus on the 2020 class and beyond? Reports on current team. Why haven’t we got a commit yet, in June? Always plenty to discuss.

Oh I will definitely stick around. I just have to break out of the habit of opening the app every 5 minutes. Haha

Oh I will definitely stick around. I just have to break out of the habit of opening the app every 5 minutes. Haha

No need to break the habit you could miss some important news

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Where I continue to check the board every 5 minutes for no reason and there are no new posts. Slowly have to ween myself off of the boards for the summer (meaning only checking a couple times a week).

Am I alone here?

Exactly! And if I do happen to make it 2 or 3 hours without checking, I excitedly return to see 5 or 6 highlighted topics only to be bummed when it's 1 comment each.

16 hours ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Am I alone here?

Nope. I disappear for a few months, maybe checking only once or twice during the summer, then, around the start of school, I get more frequent leading up to the season. 

23 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

The only thing worse is taking a WHOLE DAY off from checking the board, coming back to see 2 new pages on the Anthony Harris thread that is 99% arguing over who ruined Robert Johnson's 3-point shot. 

LOL... if I have been gone for a while, I'll usually just scroll fast and look for posts that have hearts from a lot of likes. Usually gives you what you need to know without reading all the tangents. Sometimes there's a good burn as well.

On 4/22/2019 at 5:38 PM, Capt. Crimson said:

Am I alone here?

I’ve slowed in general. I have 3 kids and a growing business. I do like to pop in, see how things are going and offer my 2¢ From time to time.