Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBASE at Michigan State - April 19-22

Hoosiers (25-12) (7-2) make a 3-game weekend road trip to East Lansing to face Sparty (9-25) (0-8) which on paper looks like it ought to be an easy weekend but...........

Tonight's first pitch set for 6:35; Saturday at 4:05 and Sunday at 1:05.  Tonight will be a cool one with the temps in the low 40's and winds pushing 20 mph from the northeast.  Saturday is a mostly rainy day with temps in the mid-40's and winds 10-15 NNE.  Easter Sunday should be sunny with temps in the 60's. 

Live Stats

Radio

Indiana carries an eight-game winning streak into this weekend's three-game series with the Michigan State Spartans in East Lansing.

• Friday will be the 194th ever meeting between IU and Michigan State. The two squads last met in the Big Ten Tournament last season, with the Hoosiers earning a 6-5 victory.

• Michigan State leads the all-time series between the two schools, 104-89.

• Indiana Head Coach Jeff Mercer is in his first season with the Hoosiers and his 10th overall year in coaching collegiately. He has posted an 102-60 career record after leading Wright State to winning seasons in each of his two years with the Raiders, including a 2018 Horizon League title and NCAA Regional appearance.

• Michigan State head coach Jake Boss Jr. is in his 11th season with the Spartans. He has guided MSU to 30-win seasons in seven of the last 10 years, as well as the Big Ten regular-season championship in 2011 and the NCAA Tournament in 2012.

• Indiana is coming off a 14-3 victory over the Ball State Cardinals Tuesday and a four-game weekend sweep over Evansville last weekend.

• The Hoosiers enter this weekend with 66 home runs, leading the nation by four.

• Aditionally, Indiana entered the week first in the Big Ten in slugging percentage (.472, 16th) and runs (247, 35th nationally), second in hit by pitch (46) and third in doubles (68).

• The IU pitching staff came into the week second in hits allowed per nine innings (7.39, 19th nationally) and WHIP (1.24, 19th), third in ERA (3.36, 22nd nationally), shutouts (3, 34th), strikeouts per nine innings (9.2), and walks per nine innings (3.78), and fourth in strikeout to walk ratio (2.42, 50th).

• Senior utility player Matt Lloyd enters the week first in the Big Ten in home runs (12, 12th nationally) slugging percentage (.680, 31st) and RBI (37), is second in total bases (87, 43rd), and third in sacrifice flies (4).

• Lloyd is tied for second in school history in saves (20) and saves in Big Ten games (11).

• Sophomore Cole Barr paces the Big Ten in home runs (12, 12th nationally), is fourth in slugging percentage (.614), and is fifth in total bases (78).

• Junior Matt Gorski is second in the Big Ten in stolen bses (13) and fourth in runs (33).

• Senior Pauly Milto is second in the Big Ten in strikeout-to-walk ratio (6.89, 20th nationally), second in WHIP (0.88, 26th) and walks allowed per nine innings (1.27, 28th), and is third in strikeouts (62) and wins (5).

• Junior Andrew Saalfrank struck out 14 hitters in Saturday's win over Evansville, marking his fourth double-digit strikeout start in his last five starts. He has now struck out 54 batters over his last 29.2 innings.

• Since the start of the 2008 season, Indiana leads the Big Ten in wins (410) and conference wins (169). The Hoosiers have made six NCAA Regionals over that span, the most out of any current Big Ten team.

Should win all 3 hopefully.

Like I said I have a really busy weekend and will not be watching any of the games. Someone else can feel free to provide updates if they are watching/listening/following.

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Iowa beats Neb!!! Need another win from them this weekend!

I might be wrong but I think Aaron said they roll their stud pitcher on Sunday. Fingers crossed for that. But I’ll take Saturday too. 

No longer the worst thing if one of these games for us get rained out 

38 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I might be wrong but I think Aaron said they roll their stud pitcher on Sunday. Fingers crossed for that. But I’ll take Saturday too. 

No longer the worst thing if one of these games for us get rained out 

It wont now. At worst we will play a DHer on Sunday. 

No movement in our RPI as of now. 21 still.