Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Joey Brunk to Indiana

16 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Based on how Justin Smith played last season, he doesn’t deserve starter minutes on a good team. I know the Smith’s don’t see it that way. So, I guess we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Absolutely. I don't care about his feelings, I want the best team on the floor. Frankly if that includes Justin, my expectations for next year drop even farther. If he thinks he should play more or be used differently maybe he should look for a fresh start.  

23 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

And if TJD is at the 4 what happens to Justin Smith??? Rob, Al, Devonte, and TJD are four of your five starters IMO. If Watford some how commits he is your fifth starter. Quinones probably comes off the bench if he comes to IU. But do they go "small" with Justin at the 4 or big with Brunk at the 5 and TJD at the 4? This is the most interesting storyline right now. No way does Justin Smith take anything but a starting role. I'd be surprised if he is okay with coming off the bench. 

He better be OK with it or pack his bags! 

30 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

And if TJD is at the 4 what happens to Justin Smith??? Rob, Al, Devonte, and TJD are four of your five starters IMO. If Watford some how commits he is your fifth starter. Quinones probably comes off the bench if he comes to IU. But do they go "small" with Justin at the 4 or big with Brunk at the 5 and TJD at the 4? This is the most interesting storyline right now. No way does Justin Smith take anything but a starting role. I'd be surprised if he is okay with coming off the bench. 

Good question. He said he wanted to play on the wing. I guess this is his chance to earn it. 

35 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Projected line up now has to include 

Phinisee

Green or Al

TJD

Davis or Brunk

With several contenders for that last spot. 

Phinisee

Al

Green

TJD

Brunk

Hunter is your sixth man. Justin (still think he leaves) and De'Ron off the bench. Armaan and Race get the rest of the minutes. 

Phinisee
Green
Hunter or Smith
TJD
Brunk

I don’t think Smith leaves. He’s played too many minutes. Sure, he had ups and downs but was a sophomore. Hopefully, he gets a little stronger and improves. Team needs him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, mjhoosier said:

Phinisee
Green
Hunter or Smith
TJD
Brunk

I don’t think Smith leaves. He’s played too many minutes. Sure, he had ups and downs but was a sophomore. Hopefully, he gets a little stronger and improves. Team needs him.

Team needs consistent Justin Smith. Not lazy, I don't care Justin Smith. I want him at IU if he plays for Indiana and gives into his role. If not, bye. Dad needs to quit running his mouth as well. 

I find it difficult to see a lineup with Davis/Brunk and Jackson-Davis starting unless Jackson-Davis has a solid midrange game or develops more on the perimeter quickly.

What did Smith show anyone that makes them think he’d play the 3? He’s an undersized post/slasher.

If Jackson-Davis and Davis/Brunk are on the floor at the same time we need three shooters on the floor for spacing.

If Hunter is cleared and is as good as some have said he’s starting.

Phin will start. I’d like to see Green be the first guard off the bench for Al or Phin with the other being the primary ball handler unless Green improves the, very correctable, decision making that lead to bad turnovers.

Praying for Jerome Hunter for Jerome Hunter and Indiana fans.

If Hunter isn’t healthy, Watford or Quinones in that spot would be great.

I like

1. Rob
2. Devonte/Al
3. Hunter/Watford/or Quinones
4. TJD
5. Brunk/Davis

Not sure I care about Justin Smith. Can’t shoot a lick from anywhere on the court. If he comes back I’ll be rooting hard for him but man.....

Race, Damezi, Franklin fighting for minutes.

Praying for Jerome Hunter for Jerome Hunter and Indiana fans.

If Hunter isn’t healthy, Watford or Quinones in that spot would be great.

I like

1. Rob
2. Devonte/Al
3. Hunter/Watford/or Quinones
4. TJD
5. Brunk/Davis

Not sure I care about Justin Smith. Can’t shoot a lick from anywhere on the court. If he comes back I’ll be rooting hard for him but man.....

Race, Damezi, Franklin fighting for minutes.

Smith started mostly all year. Still see him getting 20 minutes unless we add watford.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I don’t see brunk starting unless Davis’ injuries persist: Davis is some level all bigten when healthy as a senior. If brunk plays more than 20 minutes a game something went wrong with Davis.

As for Smith, he isn’t starting at the 4 as TJD will be so that leaves him as the backup 4 or starting 3 or backup 3.

If he wants to be a 3 he better hope Hunter isn’t ready or he improves a ton

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app