Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Baseball vs Evansville

Great diving stop by Barr at 3rd for 1st out, out somehow that I am not sure what happened as broadcast cut out for a min, single past short but picked off by Saalfrank between 1st and 2nd. Halfway home.

Ashley line drive single to left, goes to 2nd and 3rd on wild pitches, Gorski reaches on fielders choice to 3rd because Ashley made a horrible decision to try and score and was easily out at plate, Lloyd singles to center past 2nd moving Gorski to 3rd, Bradley reaches on fielders choice on failed double play scoring Gorski and resulting in no outs, Barr misses a HR to left by about an inch that is caught on track, wild pitch, 2 RBI line drive double by Richardson down right field line, RBI single through right side on ground by Walker,  Line drive single to right by Dunham moving Walker to third, failed double steal ends inning.

IU in control now 7-1 as we go to 6th. Since game is blowout now unless runs score I am not going to type out every single play.

Iu tacks on a run in 7th as Lloyd doubles off the center field wall that barely misses HR to lead off, goes to third on sac fly and scores on ground out to third. Also Richardson hits a solo shot HR and IU tacks on 2 to lead. 9-1 to 8th. 

Evansville tacked on 2 garbage runs in 8th but IU wins easily 9-3. 

This is how you play Baseball.

Definitely our best series of year (note I am operating on assumption tomorrow gets rained out based on forecast) and cleanest against a decent but slightly over rated Evansville team. We did everything we do well with clutch and timely hitting and great starting pitching. We also fixed our issues at least for one weekend hitting the Friday night ace and cutting out the sloppiness almost completely. If this IU team shows up the rest of the year we will be really dangerous and win the Big Ten and maybe even host a Regional if we can take off. 

We do not need to be this perfect but seeing so much small ball for runs and relying less on HR and only tacking on a couple long shots when needed is a great recipe for success. Hopefully this is the start of a surge of good clean baseball the rest of the year.

Note I am really busy tomorrow so if there somehow is a game I will not be able to post anymore than I did Friday. Here is a well earned Going Back to Indiana below:

Quick PSA:  We host Ball State for a single game on Tuesday; first pitch scheduled for 6:05.

Rough start for our Hoosiers as Evansville scores 2 in the first and 1 in the second.  Beauchamp has given up 4 hits; 1 BB; and already thrown 42 pitches.  The first inning runs were a result of a Grant Richardson error in right field.  But we came alive in the bottom half of the second with consecutive doubles by Bradley, Barr and Richardson to make it a 3-2 game.  Richardson advanced to third on a failed pick-off play.  Walker grounded out to first and Richardson had to stay on third; Dunham drew a walk so runners on the corners with one out but Cross fouls out for out #2.   Ashley HBP to load the bases for Gorski who doubles down the left field line driving in 2 runs to make it a 4-3 game in our favor.  Runners on second and third for Lloyd but he grounds out to third to end the inning.  After 2, we lead 4-3.

Inning #3:  Conner Manous takes over pitching duties; allows 1 hit but no runs score.  Bradley opens our half with a walk and with one out advances to second on a WP but we can't make anything happen.  After 3 innings we lead 4-3.

Anyone else that wants to provide updates please jump in as I have to sign off for the time being.