Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Baseball vs Evansville

14 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

We look to be blowing this game. Bases loaded. No outs. And no clue at this BP management. 

No clue that we had a guy that had pitched 11 innings and not given up and earned run? 

As I said I saw absolutely nothing yesterday (other than a few twitter updates) but I guess Lloyd finally showed us he was human. 

My first thought when Tiger won the Masters yesterday (and this is only mildly related) is that last time he won a major, IU baseball had barely done anything yet in their last rise this decade and that in 2008 we had just finished our first winning season in the Tracy Smith era. Now 11 years later we are a whole different program in a great spot. I believe baseball is the only sport at IU where the current decade has been the best decade by far.

Anyways with yesterdays win we are now 23 in RPI and if we stay this hot hosting a Regional is very much back in play. Hopefully we can keep winning close games which is key.

Also having Sommer back for weekday starts like Ball State this week seems like it should be a game changer. If we had him all year not sure our weekday struggles up until we barely beat PU last week would have existed quite so badly.   

27 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

And we hung him out to dry when he clearly didn’t have his usual stuff and almost blew the game. 

How did we hang him out to dry? lol 

He didn't do his job... for the first time all year... so you just weren't going to pitch Lloyd in that situation? 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How did we hang him out to dry? lol 

He didn't do his job... for the first time all year... so you just weren't going to pitch Lloyd in that situation? 

Pretty obviously, once it’s obvious he didn’t have his usual stuff put somebody else. 

19 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Pretty obviously, once it’s obvious he didn’t have his usual stuff put somebody else. 

ahh... since it's that easy to have a pitcher warmed up in time. You would make a fantastic coach 30 minutes after each game ended. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

ahh... since it's that easy to have a pitcher warmed up in time. You would make a fantastic coach 30 minutes after each game ended. 

Lol yeah because coaches never warm up relievers. Or switch them mid innings. Oh wait Lloyd had taken over in the middle of the previous inning, guess that is a thing. 

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol yeah because coaches never warm up relievers. Or switch them mid innings. Oh wait Lloyd had taken over in the middle of the previous inning, guess that is a thing. 

How many runs had he given up?

How many pitchers had we used until that point? 

You realize that the "hits" he gave up were grounders that were like 3 feet from our infielders. He wasn't getting dinged around. 

Pitching wise did you even bother to look at the ERAs we had left on our bench? woof

The decision was the correct, it just simply didn't work out. Playing the hindsight game is a waste of time. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How many runs had he given up?

How many pitchers had we used until that point? 

You realize that the "hits" he gave up were grounders that were like 3 feet from our infielders. He wasn't getting dinged around. 

Pitching wise did you even bother to look at the ERAs we had left on our bench? woof

The decision was the correct, it just simply didn't work out. Playing the hindsight game is a waste of time. 

Well considering I didn’t make that claim in hindsight it seems your grasp of the English language is right up there with your grasp of baseball. 

29 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well considering I didn’t make that claim in hindsight it seems your grasp of the English language is right up there with your grasp of baseball. 

There was no way of getting Lloyd out of the game in the 9th. He did induce two ground balls to end the inning. 

I've probably coached 300 baseball games btw. Winning 70-80%. You just have a funny way of constantly questioning coaching for absolutely no reason at all. It's comical and unfortunate.