Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Romeo Langford - Utah Jazz

Certainly, just being Romeo Langford would be enough to get in good with the ladies, wouldn't it?. Why did he find it necessary to try to pass himself off as Master P's son??? 

He’s down there slangin, rollin with these hustlers, tryin to get rid of all you hatas and you bustas

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm an ESPN plus subscriber, I only have it because I love their NFL draft coverage. They did a write up about Romeo and other draft prospects. Here is what they had to say:

The fourth all-time leading scorer in Indiana history, Langford stayed home to play at tiny New Albany high school before committing to Indiana. He was a USA Basketball staple who was a consensus top-six recruit. Langford started off his freshman season in impressive fashion but was slowed by a torn ligament in the thumb of his shooting hand in late November. He elected to play through it, which likely prevented scouts from seeing the full extent of his potential.

Langford was still named second-team all-conference and a member of the Big Ten's all-freshman team, but he wasn't able to guide Indiana to the NCAA tournament. -- Givony

Strengths

• Has prototypical physical tools for an NBA wing at over 6-foot-6 in shoes, with a strong frame and a 6-11 wingspan.

• Smooth and fluid athlete who is at his best with the ball in his hands and shows significant potential pushing ahead in transition and operating out of pick-and-roll. Has strong footwork and body control. Changes speeds naturally with the ball. Good vision and creativity finding teammates. Offensive instincts and overall upside suggests he can develop into a player capable of shouldering a significant load as a shot-creator, which is difficult to find in this draft class, especially at his size.

• Shows enough flashes as a defender, passer, rebounder, finisher and shot-maker to leave plenty of room for optimism regarding how his game will continue to round out over time. Has both a relatively high ceiling and floor.

Improvement areas

• Shot only 27 percent from beyond the arc as a freshman, partially due to the hand injury but wasn't known as a great shooter coming into college. Could stand to tweak his mechanics and release point. Had very little shooting around him at Indiana, which made it easy for opposing defenses to load up on him as the season moved on.

• Faced a significant learning curve on the defensive end in college. Has significant potential on that end with his length, quickness and solid instincts, but will have to improve his intensity level, particularly off the ball. Has a casual demeanor that works against him at times.

• Uneven, injury-plagued freshman season left scouts with more questions than answers.

Projected role: Big playmaker

I have never had any ill will towards Romeo at all. Just wish his and our season would have gone a little/lot better. No one really knows why things collapsed for a stretch there. Maybe just confidence.

Anyway, Romeo will be my modern Eric Gordon. I continue to root for him, claim him as a Hoosier, and be proud when he does well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Any guesses on where he may go? I could see him as early as #9 to Washington or as late as #15 to Detroit. Obviously trades could happen. I think he has a lot of potential and would love to see the Pacers get him. I just don't think he will be around that late. Right now I say #11 to Minnesota. This draft has three really good players and a log jam from #4 to #20. 

Jonathan Givony - 

In addition to the 9 players who received invites to the NBA Draft Green Room last week, sources tell ESPN that the following have also been invited: Nassir Little, Romeo Langford,Tyler Herro.  They join Zion, Ja, Barrett, Garland, Culver, Hunter, Coby White, Reddish, Jaxson Hayes

Lil Romeo afterall

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app