Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Romeo Langford - Utah Jazz

Langford, the 11th-best prospect on ESPN's rankings, is currently in New York, where he's scheduled to have surgery for a torn ligament in his thumb suffered in late November. The extent of the injury wasn't revealed until the end of the season.

"I hurt my thumb right before the Duke game in practice," Langford said. That game was Nov. 27, and Langford said the thumb has been hurting ever since.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26439940/indiana-freshman-langford-says-enter-draft

Romeo seems like an awesome kid! Wish him well and I hope he has an excellent NBA career. Was the first Mr. Basketball in 7 years to come to IU. I think he also helped in landing TJD. Hope he will be a great ambassador for Indiana. I can't blame him for going pro at all. It is really tough to turn down being a lottery pick. 

Wish him the best, seems like a legit good dude. 

Just from a basketball situation I really hope he ends up with a real good coach and on a team that won't be expecting him to come in and be the guy who turns it around. Given where he is generally being mocked I guess Chicago could be that spot? They have a good young group of guys who could use better depth/talent on the perimeter. Him ending up with a situation like Phoenix or Cleveland would suck, would probably be like here where he puts up numbers but the end result doesn't get moved a ton

Good for him and his family. He’s a special talent who, once his hand heals properly, will do very well in the NBA. He’s nearly impossible to stop from getting to the cup. That’s gonna get easier as there is way more spacing and he will be surrounded by plenty of shooters. Looking forward to following him and continuing to root him on. We should be thankful he chose to spend his one season in Bloomington. 

36 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Don't the rules now state you can even sign with an agent to help with the process but still pull your name and return? I don't think Romeo does this, just thought I heard that somewhere. 

After signing with an agent, a player can only pull their name out if they are not drafted.

So, if Romeo signs he is officially gone.