Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Romeo Langford - Utah Jazz

Not a bad debut for Romeo with the G-League Maine Red Claws.
27 PTS | 6 BLK | 5 REB | 2 AST
I stop watching after the first few minutes of waters throwing up 3s and Romeo standing in the corner

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Certainly not the way to start off your professional career.  

PORTLAND, MAINE - The injury bug has struck Boston Celtics rookie Romeo Langford once again. 

The 14th overall pick in last June’s NBA draft, on assignment with Boston’s G-League affiliate the Maine Red Claws, suffered a right ankle sprain in the first quarter of the team’s home opener against the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants. 

Langford, who had 27 points, five rebounds and two assists in Maine’s 148-125 season-opening win on the road at Delaware last week, missed his two field goal attempts on Friday while logging just seven minutes before the injury which occurred when he landed on the floor after trying to block a shot attempt at the basket. 

It is unclear how long Langford’s latest ailment will keep him sidelined, adding yet another setback to the 20-year-old’s injury-riddled rookie season. 

Does anyone know his contract? Articles I have seen say only one year and amount not disclosed. I thought a first round pick contract would be a lot more lucrative. 

2 years guaranteed and team option on 3rd year I believe for 1St rounders
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2019/06/21/2019-nba-draft-salaries-for-zion-morant-barrett-and-other-first-round-picks/

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/07/boston-celtics-officially-sign-grant-williams-romeo-langford-to-rookie-scale-deals.html%3foutputType=amp

Just found this one too. Happy he’s getting his $ and hope he gets called back up after his latest injury.

Another injury.  This from Chad Finn of the Boston Globe -

Romeo Langford just got hurt again. Looks like he rolled his ankle after a reverse layup. Down and slapping the floor. Now being carried off court. Sucks. He was playing great today.

Romeo Langford’s right ankle injury appears to be just a tweak, per source, nothing major. How it reacts overnight (swelling, etc.) will be important though.

OF personal comment:  From the clips I've seen, he was in some really serious pain and I'd never call it a tweak.

My sons travel team was invited to the Pacers - Celtics game last night. After the game, Romeo invited the team down to the court and had some motivational words for them. He is still a class act.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

His Celtics Christmas caroling video is top notch.

Hilarious !

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app