Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Romeo Langford - Utah Jazz

8 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

Why does it seem like our star players always get hurt?

Bobby Wilkerson - '76 championship game against Michigan.  Damon's knees were pretty much a mess by the time he graduated.  If I remember correctly, one of the first things he did after he was drafted by the Pacers was undergo knee surgery and he spent the season in the injured list.

15 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

Jeff oliphant.

All joking aside I always heard that he came in with high expectations. A career knee issue kept him sidelined.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Stories were he could routinely beat Alford in games of horse.

58 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

DJ White for me! That year with him and Killingsworth was going to be scary for opponents. I believe we had Wilmont, Calloway, Vaden....man could have been a special year and then DJ went and broke his foot in one of the first games of the season. Think that was 2005.

05-06 season, and I think it happened early in January. Some fata$$ from OSU fell on top of his foot and broke it.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

05-06 season, and I think it happened early in January. Some fata$$ from OSU fell on top of his foot and broke it.

Sure? I don't remember him playing in the Duke game. Actually I am pretty positive he didn't. Unless he had another injury and came back and then broke it. 

I don't think Romeo has taken a summer off in quite a while so this will serve him well. I always say that young NBA players rarely impact winning at a high level but if Romeo goes towards the back of the lottery and ends up on a roster with good shooting he could be a guy that gives a good scoring punch off the bench in his first or second year. I'm really excited for him, I think his game fits the NBA very well already he just needs to find his shot to unlock real multiple all-star potential. But he definitely has that.

I hate that he had to play hurt here, he was really a beast getting and-1's all the time early in the year and he understandably was a touch less aggressive going to the rack after the injury. The more spacious NBA game is really going to open up a lot of lanes for him. He'll be fun to watch even as he works on developing his shot more, he's going to be good and I think he's going to be a tremendous ambassador for our program too.

I don't think Romeo will fall to the back of the lottery. I think he's going to look really good to teams once they dig into his advanced metrics(he's one of the best P&R players in the nation and has more playmaking potential than people expected) and he lands safely in the top ten. Interviews are going to help him a lot and if he's able to workout that'll help too but even if he doesn't I think Romeo is a top ten pick.

Edited by Aeggie

3 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Sure? I don't remember him playing in the Duke game. Actually I am pretty positive he didn't. Unless he had another injury and came back and then broke it. 

He didn't play against Duke or UK.  We destroyed UK and probably should've beaten Duke.

Anyone out there know if there is any truth to the rumors that Romeo and another players girlfriend hooked up and caused a rift in the team?  Sounds fake to me but stranger things have happened.

Anyone out there know if there is any truth to the rumors that Romeo and another players girlfriend hooked up and caused a rift in the team?  Sounds fake to me but stranger things have happened.

You’re about a week late to this party. However, it was never confirmed who was involved. The person hooking up has been several different people but the victim player seems to be consistent in Smith. But no confirmation has come forward on anything to this point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

You’re about a week late to this party. However, it was never confirmed who was involved. The person hooking up has been several different people but the victim player seems to be consistent in Smith. But no confirmation has come forward on anything to this point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Story of my life

Biggest hard luck player at IU had to be Glen Grunwald.  Was first team all state in Illinois for all FOUR years of high school and was Mr. Basketball his senior year.  Doubt Illinois ever had any better, but by the time he got to IU his freshman year he could hardly walk his knees were so bad.  Stuck it out for all four years and played but he was just a shadow of what he had been.  Still went on to have a very successful career as a NBA executive with the Nuggets and then was later GM of both the Raptors and the Knicks.  Despite being a team captain he only saw limited playing time for IU's 1981 championship team.  After basically sitting the bench because of his knees for four years at IU he was still drafted by the Celtics.  OH, what might have been.

Edited by BottomLine
typo

Biggest hard luck player at IU had to be Glen Grunwald.  Was first team all state in Illinois for all FOUR years of high school and was Mr. Basketball his senior year.  Doubt Illinois ever had any better, but by the time he got to IU his freshman year he could hardly walk his knees were so bad.  Stuck it out for all four years and played but he was just a shadow of what he had been.  Still went on to have a very successful career as a NBA executive with the Nuggets and then was later GM of both the Raptors and the Knicks.  Despite being a team captain he only saw limited playing time for IU's 1981 championship team.  After basically sitting the bench because of his knees for four years at IU he was still drafted by the Celtics.  OH, what might have been.
So he hurt himself in high school?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk