Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

It also could be him reporting Brohm was leaving PU for Louisville and saying it was an absolute fact. That is certainly missing the mark with reporting and journalistic integrity. 

If people were getting suspended for that... there wouldn’t be a whole lot of media folks right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If people were getting suspended for that... there wouldn’t be a whole lot of media folks right now.

Yes I would agree with you on this Joe. I still think it’s the Romeo thing since his would insinuate a crime took place.

18 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yes I would agree with you on this Joe. I still think it’s the Romeo thing since his would insinuate a crime took place.

Could be. Not doubting at all its the Romeo thing. I have no idea. Just throwing other ideas out.

That’s very possible, but what took them so long would be my only question.

Dakich isn't a journalist. He's an entertainer. He only gets paid to get people listening to his show, not to be journalistically accurate.  He sometimes has sports journalists on his show and those people should generally be accurate in their comments.

9 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Is there a more universally reviled person in the Indy media market than Dan Dakich? Snow hates him. The Star writers hate him.

Purdue fans kind of like him which tells me he is accomplishing his mission of expanding his reach.

And Snow is a complete ****** himself.

I think "journalistic integrity" is just a veil for something else. What that is I have no idea. I have speculations, but I don't think that is very fair for me to conjure up scenarios that are probably wrong.

The reason for this tin-foil hat theory is that I don't think he has done much in the past year (granted I don't listen to him often) that would warrant a week suspension.  Most of the stuff you guys are citing are from months ago, so why would he be suspended now?

I think "journalistic integrity" is just a veil for something else. What that is I have no idea. I have speculations, but I don't think that is very fair for me to conjure up scenarios that are probably wrong.
The reason for this tin-foil hat theory is that I don't think he has done much in the past year (granted I don't listen to him often) that would warrant a week suspension.  Most of the stuff you guys are citing are from months ago, so why would he be suspended now?

I believe they stated the incident(s) occurred a year ago. Still odd though, unless he was reported for it more recently despite it being past actions.

Purdue fans kind of like him which tells me he is accomplishing his mission of expanding his reach.
And Snow is a complete ****** himself.

Yep and those two get along about as much as Josh and anyone that doesn’t loathe Archie Miller.

IMG_2190.jpg

50 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I’m guessing people were getting butthurt and complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Getting butthurt and complaining sounds like what Dakich does on a daily basis. 

1 minute ago, Crimson and Cream said:

They very well could. Me personally, I'd rather listen to informative sports discussion and not saying outlandish/derogatory things to create drama. 

If you find that in Indianapolis, let me know.  

6 minutes ago, Aaron said:

JMV. Terrific show. Very level headed and not over dramatic. Really really nice guy also.

WAY too into pop culture for me.  On Twitter, calls everyone he disagrees with a "dumbass," and I don't think he knows much.  When he has Rick Venturi on, it's must listen radio; but by himself?   I just don't care at all about small towns in southwest Indiana or the seemingly 50% of his time spent on non-sports stuff.   I agree he's a nice guy most of the time.  So are most people...including Dakich.  That said, every show in Indy....to me....has serious holes.   Big Joe?  A complete buffoon.  They let him talk entirely too much.  Query and Schultz?  Too much "schtick."    Dakich is what Dakich is.  I can't disagree with many of the complaints anymore; but I still agree with him more often than not.   I think the radio here is generally "company line" except Dakich; which may be why he's suspended.