Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bowhunter

Jake Forrester transferring

11 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Lots of ways to contribute.

If it’s not on the court, it best be with a stellar attitude and work ethic.

If it’s still not happening, then it’s an upgrade when we move on.

I'm not sure he knew the offensive sets before Christmas. 

HOOSIERSPORTSREPORT.COM

Jake Forrester is not simply looking, but leaving.

A day after putting his name in the NCAA transfer portal, the freshman forward announced he will not return to Indiana next season. By entering the transfer portal database, Forrester is able to talk to coaches and explore transfer possibilities at other schools, all while keeping open the option to return to IU.

On Thursday, however, Forrester ruled out a second season in Bloomington.

“I feel that it was in my best interest to transfer from IU and continue to work my hardest to make an impact elsewhere,” Forrester said in a statement. “I want to thank the entire Indiana University coaching staff for recruiting me. I will miss my teammates immensely. Hoosier Nation, you have enthusiastically supported me and I thank you for that.”

Forrester appeared in only 13 games for the Hoosiers this past season, struggling to crack the playing rotation even while injuries put a dent in IU’s frontcourt depth. The Pennsylvania native was viewed as a long-term developmental prospect, whose most meaningful contributions might not be felt until his junior and senior seasons.

Now, Forrester’s contributions will be saves for a different school.

The 6-foot-8 former three-star recruit originally committed to Indiana over offers from Virginia Tech, Seton Hall, Pitt and Xavier. He is the first player recruited by second-year IU coach Archie Miller to transfer out of Indiana, and the program’s second transfer of the offseason. Sophomore forward Clifton Moore announced last week that he will leave at the end of the spring semester.

Miller has been looking for more immediate frontcourt help already this offseason. Indiana hosted Butler graduate transfer Joey Brunk on a visit this week.

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I'm not sure he knew the offensive sets before Christmas. 

Wow. We had a kid on my HS team that never learned our base set through ALL 4 YEARS OF HS!!!! He got a TON of minutes. It’s either laziness or stupidity than can explain not knowing the offensive sets for that long. Crazy. 

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

HOOSIERSPORTSREPORT.COM

Jake Forrester is not simply looking, but leaving.

A day after putting his name in the NCAA transfer portal, the freshman forward announced he will not return to Indiana next season. By entering the transfer portal database, Forrester is able to talk to coaches and explore transfer possibilities at other schools, all while keeping open the option to return to IU.

On Thursday, however, Forrester ruled out a second season in Bloomington.

“I feel that it was in my best interest to transfer from IU and continue to work my hardest to make an impact elsewhere,” Forrester said in a statement. “I want to thank the entire Indiana University coaching staff for recruiting me. I will miss my teammates immensely. Hoosier Nation, you have enthusiastically supported me and I thank you for that.”

Forrester appeared in only 13 games for the Hoosiers this past season, struggling to crack the playing rotation even while injuries put a dent in IU’s frontcourt depth. The Pennsylvania native was viewed as a long-term developmental prospect, whose most meaningful contributions might not be felt until his junior and senior seasons.

Now, Forrester’s contributions will be saves for a different school.

The 6-foot-8 former three-star recruit originally committed to Indiana over offers from Virginia Tech, Seton Hall, Pitt and Xavier. He is the first player recruited by second-year IU coach Archie Miller to transfer out of Indiana, and the program’s second transfer of the offseason. Sophomore forward Clifton Moore announced last week that he will leave at the end of the spring semester.

Miller has been looking for more immediate frontcourt help already this offseason. Indiana hosted Butler graduate transfer Joey Brunk on a visit this week.

Ok I totally missed the Moore announcement.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Good fit for him and closer to home. 

Agree. He showed some potential and I think he will fit in better in a conference that does not have a ton of true “big men”.

44 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Missed the news he'd transferred to St. Louis.

Jon Rothstein -- Travis Ford tells me that Jake Forrester, Fred Thatch, and Terrance Hargrove are all firmly in the mix to start for Saint Louis.

SLU has the chance to be really, really good. Going to see them play Memphis 11/15. Really looking forward to that one. They’ve got Maryland early in the year.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Missed the news he'd transferred to St. Louis.

Jon Rothstein -- Travis Ford tells me that Jake Forrester, Fred Thatch, and Terrance Hargrove are all firmly in the mix to start for Saint Louis.

Jake feels like eons ago 

Screenshot_20221012-222958_Chrome.jpg