Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

They have 1 very solid class coming this season. 5 players all ranked 4* and a 3*. Which they stacked on top of a class of zero players. Momentum. 

Thanks I truly have no clue on UL. I know he wasn’t happy with our back to back classes of 5* burger boys. I thought they must have multiple 5* getting ready to commit/sign for that comment. Crazy thing is that seems a lot like Crean’s 2009 class. Hadn’t really seen us battle for recruits. So I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You would think that back to back Mcdonald all Americans would be some momentum but not with our fans. 

Crean did that pretty regularly. Would you say he crushed it in recruiting?

It’s about getting who you want and we have seen kid after kid say no to us. That’s not momentum. McDonalds all-American or 3*, it doesn’t matter. I just want Archie to get the guys he goes after and he hasn’t been

It’s about getting who you want and we have seen kid after kid say no to us. That’s not momentum. McDonalds all-American or 3*, it doesn’t matter. I just want Archie to get the guys he goes after and he hasn’t been

You’re not going to get every guy that you go after. No program does.

And I know most people like you are saying that because of not getting Brooks. But look where we’re at.... Archie has to build the program before it’s going to get any easier. That’s literally why it’s called building a program. We’ve gotten two five star recruits in the past 2 years... from Indiana. We aren’t where we were 30 years ago. The house needs to be renovated before people are gonna be putting in offers on it. The more we win, the less we miss. Look at the first few years of any prominent coach today... shy of Chris Beard at this point in time, most of them took a few years to get things rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

22 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

How many times did Crean get back to back Indiana Mr. Basketball’s? Archie did it in year 1 and 2. Also, last years team was solidly in the tournament and probable contenders for a run if we didn’t go through one of the worst cases of roster inavailability that I’ve ever seen. I’m sure he could have done a little better but it’s hard to build consistency when you are constantly having to experiment with lineups. Completely different team with everyone healthy. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

How many times did Crean get back to back Indiana Mr. Basketball’s? Archie did it in year 1 and 2. Also, last years team was solidly in the tournament and probable contenders for a run if we didn’t go through one of the worst cases of roster inavailability that I’ve ever seen. I’m sure he could have done a little better but it’s hard to build consistency when you are constantly having to experiment with lineups. Completely different team with everyone healthy. 

While he didn’t get 2 Indiana Mr Basketballs in a row. Yogi and Zeller were pretty awesome. Pretty sad he only got 2 total Mr basketballs

See I differ there. He is getting a pretty solid percentage that he is going hard after. He hasn’t really dipped into those fifth or sixth options. His first class he got everyone except Darius he was going hard after. This last year he wanted Franklin, Brooks, and TJD. He got 2 of 3 and now he has been working the secondary options for Brooks it seems since November/December for some. I mean because we showed interest and offered some, every school does that. I don’t think the problem will ever be recruiting at a place like IU. It’s getting the right pieces. If he doesn’t do that it’s on him. But right now two real classes in that he had to work for he hasn’t had much issues in the state. That’s a win for me. He just has to cycle out this losing is ok attitude imo. I feel like a damn soccer mom going to all of these games. “It’s ok sweetie you tried.”

See I differ there. He is getting a pretty solid percentage that he is going hard after. He hasn’t really dipped into those fifth or sixth options. His first class he got everyone except Darius he was going hard after. This last year he wanted Franklin, Brooks, and TJD. He got 2 of 3 and now he has been working the secondary options for Brooks it seems since November/December for some. I mean because we showed interest and offered some, every school does that. I don’t think the problem will ever be recruiting at a place like IU. It’s getting the right pieces. If he doesn’t do that it’s on him. But right now two real classes in that he had to work for he hasn’t had much issues in the state. That’s a win for me. He just has to cycle out this losing is ok attitude imo. I feel like a damn soccer mom going to all of these games. “It’s ok sweetie you tried.”

I agree but I have to admit some concern. He did very well recruiting as you noted but then we had that losing stretch and lost Brooks. So it feels as if all that early momentum has stalled I know it is too early to say that and getting Brunk will be nice.

Still it feels a little like it did before all those guys popped for his first class

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

If this Class ends up being Jackson Davis, Franklin, Brunk, and Windham?

That’s four “Lock down the state“ kids who hopefully all have one thing in common:

An extreme desire to compete on behalf of Indiana University. 

Hope we can add Hunter to that group.

16 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Archie Miller is not Tony Bennett. Bennett took Washington State to the Sweet Sixteen. Pullman is a basketball wasteland. There are far more coaches who had two bad first years and ended up getting fired than there are coaches who ended up being successful. 

Sheesh, man. And Archie took Dayton to the Elite 8. Dayton isn't a basketball wasteland but he took them to as many NCAA tournaments in his tenure than they had been to in the previous 25 years. And the single point of why we look at Bennett and some other coaches records during their first few years is to show that there are GREAT examples of elite level coaches who had very unspectacular starts to their current coaching positions. Therefore it would be ridiculous to write Archie off at this point. Whew....it may be time to dive head first into baseball season.....or like....yoga. 

IU was the healthiest it had ever been against Ohio State and laid a complete egg in what was essentially an NCAA tournament play-in game.

Physically healthy and that’s it. Still way out of sync due to roster instability and whatever chemistry deficiencies they’d had all year.

Quick update on Ben Davis wing Jalen Windham: Creighton in for an in-home visit today and Illinois State in-home tomorrow. Indiana will watch his workout on April 22.
Kyle Neddenriep

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Creighton official Apr 22-24