Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It's April!   Time to start slobbering over high school kids once again.  lol     You can view the full NCAA recruiting calendar at:

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/eligibility/recruiting/calendars/2018-19DIMBB_RecruitingCalendar.pdf

The major shoe company schedules are as follows:

Nike (EYBL):  April 26-28 in Atlanta (Live Period) / May 10-12 in Indy / May 24-26 in Dallas / July 10-14 Peach Jam in No. Augusta, SC (Live Period

adidas:  April 12-14 in multiple cities / April 26-28 in Dallas (Live Period) / May 24-26 in multiple cities / May 25-27 in multiple cities / July 11-14 in Birmingham, AL (Live Period) / July 18-21 Gauntlet Finale in Ladera Ranch, CA    NOTE:  Those events being held in multiple cities are called Qualifier events.

Under Armour:  April 12-14 in Chicago / April 26-28 in Kansas City (Live Period) / May 3-5 in New Jersey / July 11-12 in Atlanta (Live Period) / July 13-14 Under Armour Finals in North Atlanta  (Live Period).

I'll do my best to keep tabs on our targets of interest and post their stats as I have in the past.  As a point of information for some of our newer followers, unless a '21 kid is playing "up" it's likely his AAU stats will not get published or if they are, it will be on a sporadic/incomplete basis.  So having said that, if you know of a '21 who is indeed going to be playing in the 17U bracket, please let me know.  My current list of such kids includes:  Caleb Furst, Terrence Clarke, Khristian Lander and Blake Sisley.

And I hate to add this, but I am really really tired of the redundancy of the negative posts that a handful just can't seem to stop putting into virtually every thread.  I'm old and cranky and if it starts in this thread, I will delete the thread in its entirety.  It takes a fair amount of my time to monitor the games and record the data which I'm more than happy to do.  Discussing the talent level of the kids, their AAU results and our recruiting efforts is what this thread is about but that chronic bi**hing ain't gonna happen.

Agreed....same handful!

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It's April!   Time to start slobbering over high school kids once again.  lol     You can view the full NCAA recruiting calendar at:

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/eligibility/recruiting/calendars/2018-19DIMBB_RecruitingCalendar.pdf

Nike (EYBL):  April 26-28 in Atlanta (Live Period) / May 10-12 in Indy / May 24-26 in Dallas / July 10-14 Peach Jam in No. Augusta, SC (Live Period

adidas:  April 12-14 in multiple cities / April 26-28 in Dallas (Live Period) / May 24-26 in multiple cities / May 25-27 in multiple cities / July 11-14 in Birmingham, AL (Live Period) / July 18-21 Gauntlet Finale in Ladera Ranch, CA    NOTE:  Those events being held in multiple cities are called Qualifier events.

Under Armour:  April 12-14 in Chicago / April 26-28 in Kansas City (Live Period) / May 3-5 in New Jersey / July 11-12 in Atlanta (Live Period) / July 13-14 Under Armour Finals in North Atlanta  (Live Period).

I'll do my best to keep tabs on our targets of interest and post their stats as I have in the past.  As a point of information for some of our newer followers, unless a '21 kid is playing "up" it's likely his AAU stats will not get published or if they are, it will be on a sporadic/incomplete basis.  So having said that, if you know of a '21 who is indeed going to be playing in the 17U bracket, please let me know.  My current list of such kids includes:  Caleb Furst, Terrence Clarke, Khristian Lander and Blake Sisley.

And I hate to add this, but I am really really tired of the redundancy of the negative posts that a handful just can't seem to stop putting into virtually every thread.  I'm old and cranky and if it starts in this thread, I will delete the thread in its entirety.  It takes a fair amount of my time to monitor the games and record the data which I'm more than happy to do.  Discussing the talent level of the kids, their AAU results and our recruiting efforts is what this thread is about but that chronic bi**hing ain't gonna happen.

Don't pull your thread if the bastages get you down! 

PM me instead and I'll try to be of assistance. ;)

Far from casting judgment, I'm just curious to see who we actually target in the 2020 class. I went to the EYBL event in Westfield last year and had a blast watching Trendon Watford, Kira Lewis, Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis alongside the biggest coaches in the business. If I hadn't been watching Indy Heat, I could have taken in Armaan Franklin and Brandon Newman on the court next to me. This season, I genuinely don't know who to plan to see when the EYBL returns in May. Hoping to have some clarity over the next month.

15 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Far from casting judgment, I'm just curious to see who we actually target in the 2020 class. I went to the EYBL event in Westfield last year and had a blast watching Trendon Watford, Kira Lewis, Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis alongside the biggest coaches in the business. If I hadn't been watching Indy Heat, I could have taken in Armaan Franklin and Brandon Newman on the court next to me. This season, I genuinely don't know who to plan to see when the EYBL returns in May. Hoping to have some clarity over the next month.

I think that's a big question mark in most everyone's mind right now with only 6 formal offers on the table and a weak '20 class in Indiana as compared to '19 and '21 classes. 

17 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Indiana Elite 2020 squad will be one to watch: Leal, Galloway, Lander (playing up a year).

Hopf, Kaufman, and BTB darling Luke Brown on the 2021 squad.

It will be interesting to see if our recruiting has stalled or if the staff can move on from Brooks quickly.

I am not sure how active we really were with Lester Quinones or Tre Mitchell but we seem to be behind on one and missed on the other.

I remember when Hunter committed last year it seemed to come almost out of the blue so hopefully the staff is in on some options that we are not aware of

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Great thread and I got your back :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Adidas qualifier this weekend opens up the season with games in Indy, SC, CA and MA.  The IN Elite squad includes:  Tre Coleman, Trey Galloway, Khristian Lander (playing Up) and Anthony Leal so it's an opportunity to watch some potential IU recruits in action.

image.thumb.png.60d55c818771922da2008133c2957b64.png

Following is a summary of last weekend's NY2LA Swish N Dish event and some names popped up with IU mention.

Name: Blake Wesley

Class: 2021

Position: Scoring Guard

Recruiting Interest: Xavier, Valparaiso, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame

Wesley began garnering buzz with his play during the high school season, and things really came together for him at Swish N Dish. At around 6-foot-4 with long arms, good athleticism, and a frame to add strength, Wesley has a chance to be a sure high-major prospect. While his jumper was slightly off, he does have good form and rotation, and looks like he can be a good shooter in time. Add in an ability to drive the ball, and a nice motor, and it is easy to see why Wesley could emerge as one of the best in Indiana in the class.  [Played for South Bend Riley past season.  Per MaxPrep in 18 games averaged 12.3ppg; 3 reb; 1 assist; 1.8 stls.  6'2"  160 lbs.]

Name: Jalen Washington

Position: Power Forward

Class: 2022

Recruiting Interest: Notre Dame, Valparaiso, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Xavier

Washington is a young prospect, and one that missed time during the high school year due to injury, but there is no denying the natural talent. He has great length, plus athleticism, and a good amount of skill as well. As would be expected, Washington needs to continue to get stronger, but all the natural tools are there for him to be an elite talent going forward.   [Played for Gary West Side last season. [No stats.  Had a fractured shoulder in his season opener and didn't play again until Feb. 8.  Listed as 6'7"]

Dead period ends today at noon. I expect the staff will be busy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Really enjoy the upcoming events. Being from close to Fort Wayne I highly recommend the Spiece event to anyone that hasn’t been. Days like today will really give you an idea of whom to zone in on if you go to these and only worry about IU. I personally enjoy watching high level players go at it. Should be a fun summer.

Its amazing how Louisville just landed a really good Grad Transfer on top of their extremely good recruiting class. It's amazing how much momentum that Chris Mack has compared to Archie. He will be another guy up here poaching Indiana kids.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

What momentum? Honestly curious as I don’t follow UL recruiting. Do they multiple years stacked up like this one? That to me is momentum.