Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2019-2020 Basketball Schedule

2 hours ago, Old Friend said:

No disrespect, but are we afraid of in state opponents, now?   This mentality makes me want to throw a brick through my computer.  WHAT?????   So what if we've seen losses time and again?!?!   What good did beating Jacksonville do us a year ago?    You think Duke won't play UNC Greensboro and instead play Montana State....because they're afraid of an in state loss?????   That's absurd!   SO WHAT if there's a higher chance of a loss??    It would also be a far better win!    WOW, Moye.

I don't want to lose to anyone period! And no, a win against a mid major, is just a win against a mid major. A better win in our eyes, but doesn't do a damned thing in the committee's eyes. A loss to any school inside of our state hurts the program in far many ways than in just the loss column. And you are certainly correct. We should not be afraid to play anyone inside our borders. In fact, anyone. But don't compare us to Duke. We are not on that level...yet. BTW Army, Stetson, Eastern Michigan, Princeton, Hartford, Yale all teams that Duke had on their schedule last season against ZERO other in-state schools not in the ACC.

12 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

A couple give me wins is one thing but I hope the cupcakes get a little tougher than Portland State though.

8 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

@peegs: Sources: The Indiana men's basketball team will host Princeton in November as part of its 2019-20 non-conference schedule. The Tigers were 3rd in the Ivy League last year and will feature one of the top players in that league in sophomore guard Jaelin Llewellyn. 

Done.

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'd still like to see at least two more "Chicago State-style" severe cupcakes early to build the team's interaction with new players, give everyone court time, and abso-freakin-lutely guarantee more wins.

No reason to go that bad. Portland state level or higher imo. 

No reason to go that bad. Portland state level or higher imo. 

I could see them doing it around the two early B1G games. Usually between Christmas and the new year. We usually have a five game stretch of the B1G/ACC, Crossroads, Louisville, and the two B1G games. Usually those couple of weeks gives you a few gimme games to get the younger players more of a run to see where they are at heading into the bulk of the season after they have been through the gauntlet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

29 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Yes, exchange a few turrble teams for a few slightly less turrble teams to improve the quad wins. You can still take the system and that’s absolutely what we should be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We didn't create the game, we're just playing it

Calipari is saying thay IU has turned down an offer by him to play 2 games at Lucas Oil Stadium. He actually said RCA dome. But thats gone.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/platform/amp/2019/6/27/18761305/kentucky-wildcats-john-calipari-indiana-hoosiers-series-ncaa-basketball

Wait, I thought Teflon John couldn’t agree to any series longer than 2 years because is program is so non traditional. How could he possibly know what will happen in 3-5 years?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app