Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2019-2020 Basketball Schedule

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Sources: UConn, Louisville, Indiana, and Texas Tech will be the four teams at the 2019 Jimmy V Classic at Madison Square Garden in December. Matchups are TBD. #iubb

Jon Rothstein

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What's your instinct on our pairing?

14 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU/ Louisville
A UConn writer a month ago wrote about playing in this tourney against an unnamed Big 12 team. Looks like that team will be Texas Tech

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He did, but I saw yesterday that he backtracked just a little bit and said he meant a Big 12 team would be in it but didn't specifically mean that is who UCONN would be playing... although I agree and think we get UofL again... which is GREAT... I want this to become a heated rivalry.... if we aren't going to pick up UK on our schedule anytime soon we need some bigger name school to be our non-conference Rival and they fit the bill. To be the best you gotta beat the best... They have a Top recruiting class coming in, young coach, this is a rivalry that could bloom and be ongoing... They may have the advantage on a neutral court this season but long term....

He did, but I saw yesterday that he backtracked just a little bit and said he meant a Big 12 team would be in it but didn't specifically mean that is who UCONN would be playing... although I agree and think we get UofL again... which is GREAT... I want this to become a heated rivalry.... if we aren't going to pick up UK on our schedule anytime soon we need some bigger name school to be our non-conference Rival and they fit the bill. To be the best you gotta beat the best... They have a Top recruiting class coming in, young coach, this is a rivalry that could bloom and be ongoing... They may have the advantage on a neutral court this season but long term....

But long term they’ll get back to their cheating ways because big bro blew nation gets away with it? Agreed

Our best record against any team in the ACC Challenge is against North Carolina, 2-1. Our worst record is against Duke, 0-5. At home we are 5-4 (including the one game we played in Indianapolis which we won). We are 2-7 on the road. We haven't played Louisville in the ACC Challenge so maybe that's who they will match us up with. We haven't played Virginia Tech or Clemson either. So who knows? Maybe it will be Duke again because someone who is scheduling these game wants to give us another shot--or wants to give Duke another win.

5 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Our best record against any team in the ACC Challenge is against North Carolina, 2-1. Our worst record is against Duke, 0-5. At home we are 5-4 (including the one game we played in Indianapolis which we won). We are 2-7 on the road. We haven't played Louisville in the ACC Challenge so maybe that's who they will match us up with. We haven't played Virginia Tech or Clemson either. So who knows? Maybe it will be Duke again because someone who is scheduling these game wants to give us another shot--or wants to give Duke another win.

We are 3-1 against UNC in Challenge. Beat them in North Carolina in 2001 as well as 2012 and 2016. Lost in 2004. 

I doubt they’ll schedule IU and Louisville given the two could end up playing in the Jimmy V Classic if both win or both lose their first game.

I think this is the year we get a Virginia Tech or some other second tier ACC school.

I doubt they’ll schedule IU and Louisville given the two could end up playing in the Jimmy V Classic if both win or both lose their first game.

I think this is the year we get a Virginia Tech or some other second tier ACC school.

It’s not a tournament, just 2 separate games.