Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

This one cracks me up. I’d venture to guess 1 out of a lot transfer for academic reasons. I believe you could transfer for a grad degree if your current school offered that degree but different courses.

I’d also venture to guess that most of these kids are simply looking for greener pastures the easiest and fastest way possible.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Didn’t say it was common. 

Just one of many possibilities. I doubt Brunk is going to Law School just to get out of Butler

But in reality regardless of the reason it’s silly to say a kid should have to live out the consequences of a poor decision at the age of 18 barring that decision being a criminal act or something like military service  

Is a 20 year old that gets a new job because it’s better for them running from adversity or seizing an opportunity?  

We don’t trust kids to buy booze till they are 18 but they have to make decisions that affect their life long before then.  There has to be some route for them to say “my bad I’ve learned from this but would like to no longer continue”

Was Larry Bird running from adversity or was he just admitting he made a mistake in leaving IU and wanted a second chance to make the correct choice. 

Sounds like MSU or Virginia for the Hausers. Neither are graduating so will probably have to sit out a year. 
I had thought Wisconsin but great izzo will probably get them.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Didn’t say it was common. 
Just one of many possibilities. I doubt Brunk is going to Law School just to get out of Butler
But in reality regardless of the reason it’s silly to say a kid should have to live out the consequences of a poor decision at the age of 18 barring that decision being a criminal act or something like military service  
Is a 20 year old that gets a new job because it’s better for them running from adversity or seizing an opportunity?  
We don’t trust kids to buy booze till they are 18 but they have to make decisions that affect their life long before then.  There has to be some route for them to say “my bad I’ve learned from this but would like to no longer continue”
Was Larry Bird running from adversity or was he just admitting he made a mistake in leaving IU and wanted a second chance to make the correct choice. 

I can see both sides of this. My personal opinion are kids run from adversity too often but that’s not limited to only kids. If I were advising recruits I’d tell them to make sure they’re dead set on their choice of school. However, far too often it’s not the kid making the choice for themselves. I believe that’s a big reason we see so many transfers.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

43 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I can see both sides of this. My personal opinion are kids run from adversity too often but that’s not limited to only kids. If I were advising recruits I’d tell them to make sure they’re dead set on their choice of school. However, far too often it’s not the kid making the choice for themselves. I believe that’s a big reason we see so many transfers.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Even if the kids do make the correct decision at the time tons of things can change 

The coach can leave that they went to play for. Or the coach can change the system to one they are not suited for. 

A lot can change in 4 years. I think it’s silly to categorize changing circumstances and adversity as inherently the same thing. 

And yes people do run from adversity too much. But should the NCAA be cracking down on that when they aren’t even cracking down on blatant cheating?

We demand these kids act as paragons of integrity and loyalty when the coaches that are supposed to be their roles models are held to none of that. 

I think this is a great decision on Devonte's part.  Might hear from the pros some of the same things Archie's been telling him

Indiana University junior guard Devonté Green will enter his name into the 2019 NBA Draft, a source told Amico Hoops on Monday.
Green is still weighing the option of signing an agent, but can sign with an agent and still return to school if he ends the agreement and pulls out his name before the draft.
Green is 6-foot-3 and 185 pounds and averaged 9.3 points, 3.4 rebounds and 3.0 assists for the Hoosiers, who finished 19-16 under second-year coach Archie Miller.
Green’s playing time increased over the season’s final five games and so did his output, as he averaged 16.8 points and nearly five rebounds during that stretch. That included a 26-point effort against Ohio State in the Big Ten tournament in which he went 8-of-10 on 3-pointers.
Green is from North Babylon, N.Y. and the younger brother of Toronto Raptors guard Danny Green.
Hoosiers freshman shooting guard Romeo Langford, a potential lottery pick, declared for the draft last week.

Maybe the pro scouts will advise Devonte that the best entry pass is not in fact a spin pass from the left elbow to the right block.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Miami likely to land one of the top guards left on the board in the senior class: Montverde Academy’s Harlond Beverly. He also considered Georgia, Michigan, Virginia, Indiana, Baylor, Kansas. Combo guard originally from Michigan.

1 reply12 retweets13 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Laranaga must have made another strong @$$ offer. Only thing he’s got going now is playing time. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Because the family has a good relationship with Izzo. Their dad wanted them at MSU before they went to Marquette. Virginia was also a finalist 

I also saw a Twitter post -- can't remember from whom -- that said MSU and U.Va. were the leaders here. But unless I'm wrong (and there's certainly a good chance I am), I thought Izzo had used up all his scholarships. Jerome and Hunter just declared for the NBA draft at U.Va. (and I don't think there's any chance they come back), so they'd have two open -- though I'm not sure who's coming in. Plus, I'm sure Bennett still has connections in Wisconsin. 

17 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I also saw a Twitter post -- can't remember from whom -- that said MSU and U.Va. were the leaders here. But unless I'm wrong (and there's certainly a good chance I am), I thought Izzo had used up all his scholarships. Jerome and Hunter just declared for the NBA draft at U.Va. (and I don't think there's any chance they come back), so they'd have two open -- though I'm not sure who's coming in. Plus, I'm sure Bennett still has connections in Wisconsin. 

Don't think Izzo isn't above doing a little Creaning of the roster. 

20 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

There are some people on this board that seem to think Creaning is worse. I have those people on ignore but they are there 

I never had any problem with Creaning. Not once. Only when it effected our APR. Dog eat dog world. 

Any transfer news on our front? Anything new with Damezi or Justin? Or anybody else for that matter (other than Devonte). I was thinking we might hear something after Little 5, but so far ... crickets. Does that mean we'll stay at three open schollys, or is there still a chance someone may bolt?