Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

All the talk of the injuries being nothing to worry about aside, it's my nature to worry until I see them playing. We have plenty of recent evidence about what injuries to key guys can do to a season. If this continues our perceived depth may get tested early and often.

RP not going for an entire month seems to have snuck right on by. It’s only October so the injury reports aren’t necessarily a weekly watch yet, but the ambiguity over extended time just gives me icky feelings like we had with the Hunter situation last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If Rob hasn't practiced in 29 days, what kind of shape is he going to be in by the first game? Seems to me he's a long way off. Also his injury just doesn't seem right to me. Something seems fishy. 

To me it’s just a shitty situation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If Rob hasn't practiced in 29 days, what kind of shape is he going to be in by the first game? Seems to me he's a long way off. Also his injury just doesn't seem right to me. Something seems fishy. 

Anytime someone is not practicing it is concerning. But RP is arguably the most important piece of this team. If this has been ongoing for a month or more and is not resolved, that sounds like a major red flag. The lack of information about the condition of injured players these days is maddening for a fan standpoint. And I am fully aware of the legal restrictions....but still!

This is me speculating based on it being an abdominal injury for Rob. He has either a hernia or he got a case of mono. Those are the first two issues that came to mind.

This is me speculating based on it being an abdominal injury for Rob. He has either a hernia or he got a case of mono. Those are the first two issues that came to mind.

Better than my first thought of diverticulitis.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

24 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

A hernia was my first thought when they said abdominal injury.

2 minutes ago, hurryinghoosier5 said:

We really can’t get one year without major injury issues can we?

We don't know that its a major injury (although being out for the whole month of october doesn't bode well).  I'll be concerned if he misses more than a couple of the early season games...