Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

LoyolaChicago(127th-72%),Kansas(196th-70), Nova( 10th- 78%), Michigan(323th-66%)
Final 4 2017-18

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Because 66% is 1.32 points per possession, which is excellent.

It’s a dang shame when a team is below standards at the line, but it’s clearly not a make or break statistic.

Because 66% is 1.32 points per possession, which is excellent.
It’s a dang shame when a team is below standards at the line, but it’s clearly not a make or break statistic.

Definitely not make or break for a team but would of made life a lot easier if they could just hit FT’s. If I’m remembering right from Michigan’s run people were fouling Simpson late because he FT shooting was terrible and in the tournament he was knocking them down

The good news is them getting to the line 43 times but only making 24 of them (56%) is absolutely embarrassing. If they would have hit just 66% (still turrble) that would have been 4 more points and... a win in a meaningless exhibition game.

We can’t rely on getting to the line 40+ times a game because Big Ten. We need to hit at least 70% from the line. That’s nothing crazy and should be achievable. We also need the right players going to the line. That means Green, Phin, Al, and hopefully Hunter and Jackson-Davis being aggressive when we get to the bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The good news is them getting to the line 43 times but only making 24 of them (56%) is absolutely embarrassing. If they would have hit just 66% (still turrble) that would have been 4 more points and... a win in a meaningless exhibition game.

We can’t rely on getting to the line 40+ times a game because Big Ten. We need to hit at least 70% from the line. That’s nothing crazy and should be achievable. We also need the right players going to the line. That means Green, Phin, Al, and hopefully Hunter and Jackson-Davis being aggressive when we get to the bonus.

Yeah last year we were good for 13 out of 20 per game. That’s just a number that has to improve. It’s not going to be a main reason we win/lose regularly but it could cost us a couple of games.

Yeah last year we were good for 13 out of 20 per game. That’s just a number that has to improve. It’s not going to be a main reason we win/lose regularly but it could cost us a couple of games.

A couple of games that could decide a season..

FT's matter a whole lot more to teams that struggle to shoot from the perimeter I'd venture to guess. So I'd say yeah the low FT% for this team could matter quite a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

People trying to find take aways from this game and not mentioning that Jerome Hunter played real minutes and looked like he was BUSY.

4 TOs no good, but chalk it up to rust. Good shooting numbers, two steals, and did I mention the minutes?

Let’s go.

That's great!  Let's just hope he feels good today!  

10 hours ago, rcs29 said:

FT's matter a whole lot more to teams that struggle to shoot from the perimeter I'd venture to guess. So I'd say yeah the low FT% for this team could matter quite a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

If he stays healthy and in game shape, he will be a MAJOR piece in this puzzle.