Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I just don’t see Smith being able to play the 3 unless his skills have drastically improved. He’s a bulkier Troy Williams. I hope I’m wrong and he dominates from the 3 but last season Justin Smith wasn’t there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

See that’s why I wonder if we don’t see either Hunter or Al as a starter 

I just don’t see Smith being able to play the 3 unless his skills have drastically improved. He’s a bulkier Troy Williams. I hope I’m wrong and he dominates from the 3 but last season Justin Smith wasn’t there yet.

His handles at the 3 would scare me badly in long stretches. I could see a scenario where Archie eases JH into the starting lineup. Maybe start him out with 15-20 minutes to see how his body reacts. I just see us going big more often than not 3-5. The one thing that scares me though will still be our 3 pt defense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Phinisee, Green, Al, Smith, Brunk are the starters I see IU starting the season with.

who will spill phinisee when he needs a breather if all of the ball handlers are starting?

9 hours ago, goonaha said:

I don't think it's strange for him to say 4-6. Gives himself flexibility and prevents media/fans from pinning him down to "well you said specifically 4 on x date." Who knows what will happen in the spring. He's not signing 6 recruits by fall that's for sure.

If we add 4 to 6 in 2020 and then do something similar with the very good class in 2021, how do we possibly "get old and stay old"?. That would mean a lot of roster turnover and continually counting on young kids to play major minutes. Is this a change of direction for CAM?

12 minutes ago, cthomas said:

If we add 4 to 6 in 2020 and then do something similar with the very good class in 2021, how do we possibly "get old and stay old"?. That would mean a lot of roster turnover and continually counting on young kids to play major minutes. Is this a change of direction for CAM?

I would imagine we won’t sign more than 4. Unless they are 1 and done talents 

I may be wrong, but I thought the question was through the 20-21 season. I may be wrong. Too lazy to look.

Edit I went ahead and looked.

This was post 1671 by USPS

IU's Archie Miller on the number of players he could bring in for 2020-21: "Four to six more players . That’s the way college basketball goes now. It’s a revolving door, good or bad." #iubb

Jon Blau

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Brunk instead of Davis?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That is my thought too. To start the season I'm guessing Rob, Green, Al, Smith & Davis. I do not expect that to be the same by Jan. 

By then I'm HOPING it's more like: Rob, Green, Hunter, TJD & Davis/Brunk (Neither is going to play much more than 20mins, so kinda interchangeable.) 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I would imagine we won’t sign more than 4. Unless they are 1 and done talents 

Or grad transfers- you mentioned once (and I agree) a Grad PG for this class would be a nice fit.