Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

1 hour ago, VO5 said:

Just why? Stay. Off. Twitter. People. It’s not hard at all. All you’re doing is making the fans look like assholes, as well as yourself in the process.

Keyboard warriors love to abuse the protection of anonymity that comes with the internet

It's just a crappy thing to do IMO. 
Seeing some 18-20 year olds expressing joy or optimism and taking the time to chime in with a deliberately demeaning comment?
Uggh.

A nice rule is if you wouldn’t say it to their face, don’t post it. Especially when you don’t know them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Mod Snip, brought to you by Nick's English Hut

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m sure you have little to no idea as to what Archie cares more about.  You’re likely as close to the program as any other random IU fan.  You are using shooting stats to determine what he cares about which is foolish.  I’d like to have sex with my wife 100% of every hour but I don’t come close to those statistics.  That doesn’t mean I don’t want to.  So we were terrible at shooting, do you really think Archie sits back and thinks...”PEFECT, exactly what I’m looking for.” 

13 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Since my comment was deleted. I’ll apologize to all the guys here that were apparently offended.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Apologizing for what you did is welcomed.

Passive aggressive apologizing for people that “were apparently offended” puts you on very thin ice.

This facet of the thread is now done. Everyone move on- without exception.

Thanks 

I don't use twitter (or facebook, or any of the social network sites) but I agree about posting derogatory things.  However, the 40% shooting concept is valid and funny (for a message board I guess).

I said it at the end of the season and I still feel the same way: I don't care how much the players can lift, how high they can jump, or how much they look like bodybuilders - it means nothing if it doesn't translate into playing basketball better.

11 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I don't use twitter (or facebook, or any of the social network sites) but I agree about posting derogatory things.  However, the 40% shooting concept is valid and funny (for a message board I guess).

I said it at the end of the season and I still feel the same way: I don't care how much the players can lift, how high they can jump, or how much they look like bodybuilders - it means nothing if it doesn't translate into playing basketball better.

This isn’t aimed at you , but the players like it though, it’s not like the coaches are solely focused on these things but the players and recruits like the lifting competitions and records. And young players love to talk about their vert. Look at TJD comments on the vertical video. It’s something they enjoy.

35 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Indiana Basketball @IndianaMBB

Each summer, our coaches select the guy who improved the most in the weight room. This years off-season champion:

@JoeyBrunk

Wasn’t the main butler complaint that he hasn’t developed well in weight room 

Wasn’t the main butler complaint that he hasn’t developed well in weight room 

Might’ve been. As someone who follows Butler basketball pretty closely as well they have several athletes that haven’t developed their strength much while in college. There have been some athletes that have though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't know where to post this -- and don't necessarily want to start a new thread -- so am trying here. If it gets deleted or moved, that's fine. I go to hoosiersportsreport.com every now and then to get IU news and check out to see if anything's new. But lately, I'm blocked from going there. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer -- none will let me there, citing a security risk. Anybody else having this problem? Is there anything wrong with that site? Has it been hacked? Just curious. 

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Don't know where to post this -- and don't necessarily want to start a new thread -- so am trying here. If it gets deleted or moved, that's fine. I go to hoosiersportsreport.com every now and then to get IU news and check out to see if anything's new. But lately, I'm blocked from going there. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer -- none will let me there, citing a security risk. Anybody else having this problem? Is there anything wrong with that site? Has it been hacked? Just curious. 

Same using Firefox. The home page loads with only placeholders for most of the pictures for stories, but if I click on a link to a story I get the security warning.  So, yes, it does appear they are having some issues.

12 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I have no problem getting it to load- not setting off Malwarebytes or anything else. 

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I have no problem getting it to load- not setting off Malwarebytes or anything else. 

Yes,  it seems to be working without problems now.