Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

I'm hedging my bets on UK. Cal is a good salesman, and Blackshear wants to make it in the NBA. He is a good enough player to get plenty of floor time in Lexington. May give up some shots, but that hasn't stopped the dozens of top recruits that has went there. Cal tells them straight up that is all about the show. Plus he has a real nice pro day for Scouts every season.

1 hour ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I'm hedging my bets on UK. Cal is a good salesman, and Blackshear wants to make it in the NBA. He is a good enough player to get plenty of floor time in Lexington. May give up some shots, but that hasn't stopped the dozens of top recruits that has went there. Cal tells them straight up that is all about the show. Plus he has a real nice pro day for Scouts every season.

I'll take Cal over a guy like Bruce Pearl any day.  I don't view Cal as 'shady' anymore (in that I think the illegal stuff was pretty much pre-UK)....everything he seems to be doing is pretty out in the open.  He certainly does some things I don't like -- particularly the whole ridiculous luxury housing for the basketball team -- but the things he seems to have been doing at UK are inside of the rules, ethical or not.  Pearl on the other hand.....

It would be hilarious if Blackshear goes to UK.  They'll be good no matter what, but the thought of Brooks having to compete that much more for playing time makes me smile.

Seriously, he'd have a guaranteed starting spot right now at IU.

I'll take Cal over a guy like Bruce Pearl any day.  I don't view Cal as 'shady' anymore (in that I think the illegal stuff was pretty much pre-UK)....everything he seems to be doing is pretty out in the open.  He certainly does some things I don't like -- particularly the whole ridiculous luxury housing for the basketball team -- but the things he seems to have been doing at UK are inside of the rules, ethical or not.  Pearl on the other hand.....

He insulates himself from that but to say the puke program isn’t skirting the rules is naive. There are plenty of middlemen and boosters taking care of those players.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He insulates himself from that but to say the puke program isn’t skirting the rules is naive. There are plenty of middlemen and boosters taking care of those players.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, I didn’t understand that comment either. They pretty much invented the 2000’s version of cheating

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Our board is an appropriate place to spitball everything from every angle, including what has and could go wrong with the IUBB program, but occasionally someone with an inside perspective gives context of the real upside of what is to come:

Heard things from various sources recently that reaffirm what I already believed: Archie Miller can really coach and continues to learn the lay of the land at IU. Won’t be easy. Big Ten is tough. Recruiting is tough. Avoiding injuries would help. But high-level success will come.

Notice: I've changed my username to @AndyGraham7777 from @agrahamiu because I've retired from Indiana athletics and am no longer formally affiliated with the university. Any actions or statements by me within this account are solely my own and do not reflect upon IU or its views.

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Andy Graham, having long harbored a desire to serve his alma mater before concluding his lengthy career in journalism, feels both pleased and privileged to join Indiana Athletics' media relations department as a writer. Graham, who recently retired from the Bloomington Herald-Times after 35 years covering sports and news, will write features for IU Athletics when the 2017-18 academic and athletic year commences in August. He will also mentor the department's student writers.

A 1978 IU graduate in honors history, Graham has won many national and state awards for his writing. He was the 1997 Corky Lamm Indiana Sportswriter of the Year honor and, more recently, was named the state's top sports columnist in 2012 by the Hoosier State Press Association and the nation's top sports columnist for the H-T's circulation class in 2013 by the Associated Press Sports Editors.Graham was a 2013 inductee to the Indiana Sportswriters and Sportscasters Hall of Fame. He worked alongside legendary sports editor Bob Hammel at the H-T

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Our board is an appropriate place to spitball everything from every angle, including what has and could go wrong with the IUBB program, but occasionally someone with an inside perspective gives context of the real upside of what is to come:

Heard things from various sources recently that reaffirm what I already believed: Archie Miller can really coach and continues to learn the lay of the land at IU. Won’t be easy. Big Ten is tough. Recruiting is tough. Avoiding injuries would help. But high-level success will come.

Notice: I've changed my username to @AndyGraham7777 from @agrahamiu because I've retired from Indiana athletics and am no longer formally affiliated with the university. Any actions or statements by me within this account are solely my own and do not reflect upon IU or its views.

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Andy Graham, having long harbored a desire to serve his alma mater before concluding his lengthy career in journalism, feels both pleased and privileged to join Indiana Athletics' media relations department as a writer. Graham, who recently retired from the Bloomington Herald-Times after 35 years covering sports and news, will write features for IU Athletics when the 2017-18 academic and athletic year commences in August. He will also mentor the department's student writers.

A 1978 IU graduate in honors history, Graham has won many national and state awards for his writing. He was the 1997 Corky Lamm Indiana Sportswriter of the Year honor and, more recently, was named the state's top sports columnist in 2012 by the Hoosier State Press Association and the nation's top sports columnist for the H-T's circulation class in 2013 by the Associated Press Sports Editors.Graham was a 2013 inductee to the Indiana Sportswriters and Sportscasters Hall of Fame. He worked alongside legendary sports editor Bob Hammel at the H-T

While it’s nice to read these things.  Tons of people with inside info said Crean was the guy. 

At the end of the day no amount of words or hopeful musings are going to get the basketball program out of the dumpster. It’s going to be done with deeds and actions. 

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

While it’s nice to read these things.  Tons of people with inside info said Crean was the guy. 

At the end of the day no amount of words or hopeful musings are going to get the basketball program out of the dumpster. It’s going to be done with deeds and actions. 

In my opinion, you  missed the point; this post was to illustrate that this is a tough task, but that people who see things up close are very confident, regardless of naysayers' speculation.

Your response was to immediately point out that an insider's positive perspective should be viewed with suspicion.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In my opinion, you  missed the point; this post was to illustrate that this is a tough task, but that people who see things up close are very confident, regardless of naysayers' speculation.

Your response was to immediately point out that an insider's positive perspective should be viewed with suspicion.

No I got the point. But once again just because somebody from the inside thinks we are on the right track that doesn’t mean that much. 

We talk about how clueless the administration is but as soon as they say something we want to hear it’s all “oh did you hear what so and so said”. 

As I said Insiders said that Crean was building us back up. Yet now it’s come to light that he expected to rebuild every couple of years and it was normal. 

4 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Looks like Andy’s been talking to Fred Glass. I will believe Archie Miller can coach when he makes the NCAA tournaments a few times in a row and wins some games in it. 

Well Archie looking better than Tom Crean is like being the best looking person in a room full of lepers. 

Holy crap ... DeRon Davis has most definitely lost some lbs. An in-shape DeRon combined with his late-season attitude toward leadership and accountability would be a helluva player for IU this coming season.

Yeah I thought the same. I need to check out his fitness program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app