Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

You are a wise man

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

Ha, I am far from it. I lucked into the outcome that came from that decision. MySpace was around when I was in college, and Facebook had started when I was getting my MBA. Honestly during my internship a couple of my buddies were going through interviews same time as me and posted things on Facebook that Eli Lilly saw where they wouldn’t hire them. From that point on I figured it was best to not potentially get caught up in things like that, because I probably would post insensitive things for some and have to deal with the drama. I have had a cell phone with the same number since my sophomore year in high school in ‘98. The people I want to talk to know how to get at me when they want.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ha, I am far from it. I lucked into the outcome that came from that decision. MySpace was around when I was in college, and Facebook had started when I was getting my MBA. Honestly during my internship a couple of my buddies were going through interviews same time as me and posted things on Facebook that Eli Lilly saw where they wouldn’t hire them. From that point on I figured it was best to not potentially get caught up in things like that, because I probably would post insensitive things for some and have to deal with the drama. I have had a cell phone with the same number since my sophomore year in high school in ‘98. The people I want to talk to know how to get at me when they want.

It’s all how you use it but it can absolutely cause a lot of trouble in personal and professional relationships. I can’t recall the last time I posted something to Facebook. However, it’s absolutely awesome to look up old coworkers/bosses to get recommendations or job openings. Also, it’s cool when traveling when you have acquaintances all over the world.

18 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

No you didn’t call me that but I would say 90 percent of the posters not the posts themselves that are called negative are in fact just being objective. 

I find you as more negative than I am.  But I think there is a difference between saying someone is more negative than saying they are 'overly negative'.  And I certainly didn't think of you when JayBob posted....I'm not sure why you thought he was.

Although in retrospect there were signs that we weren't as good as we appeared.....seemed like most close games were going our way.

Close games were going our way which is why for 14 games I thought “yes! We finally have a smart coach and gritty team to win/close out close games!”

My thoughts were a bit premature

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

I find you as more negative than I am.  But I think there is a difference between saying someone is more negative than saying they are 'overly negative'.  And I certainly didn't think of you when JayBob posted....I'm not sure why you thought he was.

Because people whine that I am negative at least once a day when I am active on the board. But even you just asserted I was being negative at times while I would argue I am being realistic. 

21 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So what's the deal with Vijay? I know he's a good shooter and I would have expected him to see more action last year considering the glaring lack of shooters on our team. I know defense wasn't a real big priority with the Blackmon boys in HS so maybe that has kept him off the floor, but I would think his offensive abilities would make up for that.

3 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

So what's the deal with Vijay? I know he's a good shooter and I would have expected him to see more action last year considering the glaring lack of shooters on our team. I know defense wasn't a real big priority with the Blackmon boys in HS so maybe that has kept him off the floor, but I would think his offensive abilities would make up for that.

He was a part time starter at an NAIA school.  I wouldn't say his offensive abilities would have gotten him on the floor.  Probably pretty telling that he entered the transfer portal but didn't find anything attractive enough to keep him from coming back to IU and not getting on the court.

Someone mentioned last year that TJD would be the most important recruit to Archie’s success, even more so than Romeo. In hindsight this was a bold prediction. But I 100% agree with it now. Trayce will be a multi year force down low and unwavering supporter of the IU program

Side note: I went to one of the Pacer's playoff games when they were playing the Knicks at MSA back in the day. We got there early enough that we went court side while they were warming up. I could not believe how much bigger Dale and Antonio Davis (along with Smits) were in person than they appeared on TV. That was when The Knicks had Anthony Mason and Ewing. There were some big dudes beating on each other in that game.

Vonleh was one of the most impressive rebounders I’ve ever seen. He was a Roomba out there. 

lol. Yep I agree. I know he hasn’t been great in the NBA but imagine him as a 4th year guy. His rebounding numbers would have been wild.

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Agree that TJD has handled everything perfectly. Hoping for the best for TJD! Excited to see an athletic big guy.

Seems like he could be like Vonleh as a freshman. Maybe not quite the rebounder that Vonleh was.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Vonleh was awesome on the boards. However, seemed limited on offense. Hope that's not the case with TJD. I think he can score 12 a game in year one. Offense has to come from someone right?