Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Henry got the offer Sunday and Anderson and hunter committed on Monday if I’m remembering correctly. He didn’t have a Michigan St offer yet

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Guess I was off by a day.  But the point I was trying to make was that it wasn't like Henry really had a chance to commit.  He was not a guy that IU was recruiting for a long time -- in fact, he wasn't a guy that major conferences had been recruiting for long.  He most definitely rose up the ranks very late.  His first offer of any substance was June 30th by Butler.  Michigan State didn't offer until August.  He enter the top 150 rankings until his senior season.  

My main point is that I think anyone who says they were unhappy with Damezi and Jerome signing on July 17th is being revisionist.

Guess I was off by a day.  But the point I was trying to make was that it wasn't like Henry really had a chance to commit.  He was not a guy that IU was recruiting for a long time -- in fact, he wasn't a guy that major conferences had been recruiting for long.  He most definitely rose up the ranks very late.  His first offer of any substance was June 30th by Butler.  Michigan State didn't offer until August.  He enter the top 150 rankings until his senior season.  
My main point is that I think anyone who says they were unhappy with Damezi and Jerome signing on July 17th is being revisionist.

Noooo, someone being revisionist... never. That wouldn’t happen here. Everyone is a straight shooter

Of course it’s revisionist. We, mostly support Archie and his evaluation of players so when it’s made clear that he wants a kid and that kid commits we all rejoice. BUT, when those kids don’t pan out, of course we question those evaluations and offers and prioritization by our staff.

I don’t recall anyone throwing a fit when moretti left campus without an offer but after taking his team to the ncaa finals this year, I do question that decision, especially since he shot 46% from 3 and we didn’t have anyone that could hit the broad side of a barn.

Whether it’s Henry, Moretti, Anderson, Forrester etc, I support and give it some time. When time determines a decision to be a bad one I think it’s ok to call a spade a spade

Of course it’s revisionist. We, mostly support Archie and his evaluation of players so when it’s made clear that he wants a kid and that kid commits we all rejoice. BUT, when those kids don’t pan out, of course we question those evaluations and offers and prioritization by our staff.

I don’t recall anyone throwing a fit when moretti left campus without an offer but after taking his team to the ncaa finals this year, I do question that decision, especially since he shot 46% from 3 and we didn’t have anyone that could hit the broad side of a barn.

Whether it’s Henry, Moretti, Anderson, Forrester etc, I support and give it some time. When time determines a decision to be a bad one I think it’s ok to call a spade a spade

This was Damezi’s freshman year, right? Cool. Let’s watch how these kids develop.

This was Damezi’s freshman year, right? Cool. Let’s watch how these kids develop.

That is correct. It doesn’t change the fact that he couldn’t help us this year when what we needed was shooting and that is what he was supposed to provide. He has 3 years to continue to get better and maybe he will. Point is, the staff needs to evaluate talent and put together the most balanced roster that will succeed now and in the future and perhaps he is a part of the future but we needed players that could be a part of the now and future, they were available and on campus and we passed or took other players over them

Just now, Fkfootball1 said:

Someone tweeted that they weren’t hearing good stuff about Jerome Hunters injury.

Jerome Retweeted this response

“False Facts” emoji817.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah; I think the pessimistic tweets have been generated from Archie's careful word choice at the Huber presser. He said at one point that they were far far away from knowing Hunter's status, but then later described a pretty strong workout regimen that Hunter was already undertaking. The negative line got the attention. I listened to the whole speech and was generally encouraged.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yeah; I think the pessimistic tweets have been generated from Archie's careful word choice at the Huber presser. He said at one point that they were far far away from knowing Hunter's status, but then later described a pretty strong workout regimen that Hunter was already undertaking. The negative line got the attention. I listened to the whole speech and was generally encouraged.

If our current running theory of him being on blood thinners is correct that could leave him doing a pretty good workout regiment with still a lot of uncertainty about availability. 

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

I think we all need a group hug. The psychological distress this offseason is more than any year I can recall on any forum. It’s kind of crazy.

It’s beyond crazy. I’ve wondered if some of the people so negative are actually fans of other programs. Or if they are relatives of Tom Crean. The total irrational sky is falling mentality is very odd. 

The way it sounded he hasn’t been fully released to the IU medical staff. He is still waiting that clearance from the Cleveland Clinic. I could be wrong on that, but that’s how I took it.

28 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

The way it sounded he hasn’t been fully released to the IU medical staff. He is still waiting that clearance from the Cleveland Clinic. I could be wrong on that, but that’s how I took it.

That's the way I took it, too.  From my understanding of the rumored medical issue, there is a lengthy procedure for treatment and then weaning off the medication and follow up.

That's the way I took it, too.  From my understanding of the rumored medical issue, there is a lengthy procedure for treatment and then weaning off the medication and follow up.

Completely agree. It would be great to know their timeline or expectations. It seems from everything posted here and on social media he has been ramping up his activity. If we hear complications I will be very concerned for his future.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Someone tweeted that they weren’t hearing good stuff about Jerome Hunters injury.

Jerome Retweeted this response

“False Facts” emoji817.png

Funny thread, after Jerome basically said he’s progressing fine.  Rob tweeted “We’re  used to it” and tagged Romeo and Devonte.  Romeo replied “say it louder for the people in the back”.  Essentially putting to rest the fight/girlfriend rumors.  

0CAB62FD-EE64-4ECF-BA75-62DB69B59E57.png

If our current running theory of him being on blood thinners is correct that could leave him doing a pretty good workout regiment with still a lot of uncertainty about availability. 

Man, after reading up on some of the conditions I don’t think it’s that. I honestly don’t know what to think without them releasing more info but we know they can’t do that. If he had surgery to remove a lot that’s some serious shizzle.

It’s beyond crazy. I’ve wondered if some of the people so negative are actually fans of other programs. Or if they are relatives of Tom Crean. The total irrational sky is falling mentality is very odd. 

‘Sky is falling’ vs the reality that we are spinning our wheels in mediocrity?

Sky isn’t falling, that’s for sure.

But have we shown any tangible evidence we are advancing towards being a top 10 basketball program?

Hence the angst from the fanbase that wants to be a top 10 program.