Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

The Athletic put out its Big Ten power rankings for the upcoming season and had IU 10th. Yikes. This program has fallen off a cliff. IU just has no clue how to compete at the major conference level in both revenue sports..

I'll put stock in what the Athletic has to say when pigs fly. I get that your point is a representative one, but still. Lists like that made in April are why Twitter handles like Freezing Cold Takes exist.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Statistically speaking isn’t 34% the magic number you want to be above when shooting 3’s?  I thought the goal was to be above 34% because that means you are scoring more than if you were shooting 2’s at a 50% rate. Obviously we want as many players as high above that as possible. But I always view 34% as the breaking point. 

20 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Statistically speaking isn’t 34% the magic number you want to be above when shooting 3’s?  I thought the goal was to be above 34% because that means you are scoring more than if you were shooting 2’s at a 50% rate. Obviously we want as many players as high above that as possible. But I always view 34% as the breaking point. 

Yep basically you shouldn’t shoot more than one a game if you can’t hit them at a 34% clip. Excluding heaves at the end of a clock  

We had several people shooting that many  maybe for a bad shooting team like us there’s gotta be some leniency on the rule  but no reason a guy shooting under 30% should ever shoot 2-3 a game  

39 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

That was quick. Didn't they just offer him?

I remember reading their name as being a school that reached out when he decommitted from Georgia St. Looks like he just finished an official visit and committed at the end of the visit

4 hours ago, Iugradman said:

The Athletic put out its Big Ten power rankings for the upcoming season and had IU 10th. Yikes. This program has fallen off a cliff. IU just has no clue how to compete at the major conference level in both revenue sports..

Can we get a dead horse option for reactions?

None of the guys we are looking at are pure shooters. We were terrible at 3’s last year because Romeo and Juwan. They were 2 of the worst % 3 pt shooters. Romeo has the highest attempts of 3’s and Juwan was 4th in attempts. Those two killed our % as a team. The wrong guys were taking the open shots. If the 3 above were taking the shots, it’s a different story. 
Durham wasn't much better. I saw him miss your straight great looks one game. Anderson was 27%.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Durham wasn't much better. I saw him miss your straight great looks one game. Anderson was 27%.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Durham was 35%, up 7% from his freshman year. Anderson can shoot the ball, we’ve all seen it. The college game was too fast for him. He just didn’t look comfortable out there. Most players improve the most between their freshman and sophomore seasons, so we shall see what happens.