Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

I'm on a silly IU facebook fan page -- mostly for amusement purposes. Anyway, a fan (whom I don't know) posted a picture of himself and Justin. Said in his comments that Justin was a very respectful young man. But what got me curious was the cast on Justin's right hand/arm. ... He didn't punch someone, too, did he? LOL! (Seriously, anybody know what happened?)

58381775_2903827302961528_2748750890159570944_n.jpg

43 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm on a silly IU facebook fan page -- mostly for amusement purposes. Anyway, a fan (whom I don't know) posted a picture of himself and Justin. Said in his comments that Justin was a very respectful young man. But what got me curious was the cast on Justin's right hand/arm. ... He didn't punch someone, too, did he? LOL! (Seriously, anybody know what happened?)

He shot 21.9% from 3. I assume it's because he saw how the wrap elevated Romeo's 3 ball by over 5%.

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I heard a guy who considered himself a Romeo slept with Justin's girlfriend and Justin punched a wall.

Am I the only one worried that Smith and/or Anderson might bail on us at the proverbial last minute leaving us further in a bind to fill next season's roster?  Realistically, they don't have to officially place their names in the Transfer Portal if they already know where their next landing spot is.  The Transfer Portal is nothing more than an auction house.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Am I the only one worried that Smith and/or Anderson might bail on us at the proverbial last minute leaving us further in a bind to fill next season's roster?  Realistically, they don't have to officially place their names in the Transfer Portal if they already know where their next landing spot is.  The Transfer Portal is nothing more than an auction house.

Smith has a lot of potential... think his problem is more motivation driven. 

Anderson looked pretty lost last season when he played. I hope he can make a jump this year. 

I am more worried they stay but wish they had left. We need kids to stay around and get better in the off-season. Something we really haven’t seen much of yet. So if they stay, hopefully they buy in and work.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My biggest worry is the lack of three point shooting. I dont see that beins addresses

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

My biggest worry is the lack of three point shooting. I dont see that beins addresses

We will be looking at the guys on the roster to improve. 

Green is already above 40%

Durham already jumped his shot 7% from his freshman year. Another decent jump and he is above 40%. 

Phinisee, healthy, is a 35% or greater shooter next year. 

Those are the 3 guys who will be playing the most minutes regardless of recruits we are looking at to play in the backcourt. 

The hope is a healthy Hunter adds another shooter who is shooting 35/40%. 

Something to keep track of is the front runner for the NKU job isn’t taking it and another one turned it down so Ostrom’s chances of getting the job look a little better now then it did yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Scratch that NKU hires Darrin Horn as its next coach

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I know we need a shooter in the worst way and losing Harris doesn't help, but I can't understand the argument that we NEED more talent to win. Everyone coming back and our recruiting class coming in is a 4 or 5 star (according to 247) coming out of high school except Green, Durham, and Franklin. We have talent, just need development and togetherness. Watford and LQ would be great if it happens, but we really just need guys that are sold out for IU, can shoot the rock, and play nasty D.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Durham already jumped his shot 7% from his freshman year. Another decent jump and he is above 40%. 

Those are the 3 guys who will be playing the most minutes regardless of recruits we are looking at to play in the backcourt. 

Working the offense to get better looks from 3 would help too. Hopefully Archie spends time reworking the offense this summer like he's done with the defense.

1 hour ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Working the offense to get better looks from 3 would help too. Hopefully Archie spends time reworking the offense this summer like he's done with the defense.

Absolutely. While we did miss a ton of wide open 3s this year. I think Archie needs to improve as well. He is still an extremely young coach who needs to keep progressing himself. 

Sounds nice but i still think we were the worst on threes in the league. I thought people wanted a pure shooter. I simply dont think they can feel good about next year without adding shooters. What if one if those guys gets hurt? What if hunter doesnt play?