Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

Coaches have no say any more though right... It is a Class 2 Violation if a Coach tries to stop a transfer. Only Conferences can now set any rules on transferring inter-conference.

I’m not sure. I was looking at the inter-conference guidelines from an article from 2017 so it could be that way now

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So, I gather from Damezi's Instagram post that he isn't going anywhere. Can the same be said of Justin? ... It seemed like a few weeks ago, there were guesses that those two might join Jake and Clifton in the transfer portal, and that we might learn something after Little 5. But ... nothing. Are we sure both are staying put, or is that still in flux? ... Anybody know? 

If they're staying, that would leave us at 2 schollys open, correct? 

5 players on the way out: Morgan, Fitzner (no more eligibility); Langford (NBA); Moore, Forrester (transferring)

3 players on the way in: Franklin, Jackson-Davis (freshmen), Brunk (transfer). 

In flux, but probably coming back: Green

26 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’m not sure. I was looking at the inter-conference guidelines from an article from 2017 so it could be that way now

Yes, in 2018 the NCAA ruled that Coaches can no longer block any transfer. Conferences however still can do specific things, so the BIG could still have those rules in place (I am not sure).

3 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

I could be wrong, probably am. But don’t you only get 5 years to play 4? Absent a waiver from the NCAA to get a 6th.

For uthoff he sat out first year at UW. Then sat out a second year at IOWA. That only leaves 3 years left to play. If he played a 4th year at IOWA it would have been 6 years to play 4.

The NCAA can give exceptions.  Scott Martin played a year at Purdue, sat a transfer year at Notre Dame, then played two years at Notre Dame before missing a year due to injury.  NCAA granted a sixth year.

The NCAA can give exceptions.  Scott Martin played a year at Purdue, sat a transfer year at Notre Dame, then played two years at Notre Dame before missing a year due to injury.  NCAA granted a sixth year.

Yeah but they usually only give waivers for a 6th year when it is due to injuries. Not typically the case when a player merely transfers.

4 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

So, I gather from Damezi's Instagram post that he isn't going anywhere. Can the same be said of Justin? ... It seemed like a few weeks ago, there were guesses that those two might join Jake and Clifton in the transfer portal, and that we might learn something after Little 5. But ... nothing. Are we sure both are staying put, or is that still in flux? ... Anybody know? 

If they're staying, that would leave us at 2 schollys open, correct? 

5 players on the way out: Morgan, Fitzner (no more eligibility); Langford (NBA); Moore, Forrester (transferring)

3 players on the way in: Franklin, Jackson-Davis (freshmen), Brunk (transfer). 

In flux, but probably coming back: Green

I don't think Green is going anywhere.   I think he sees how big a part of the offense he will be next year.

39 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I am STUNNED that Hurt committed to Duke even though he knows they are looking at Jake. Guess he is all about the team and not worried about available minutes.

Aside from my smartazz comment/joke......Jake always seemed to have a very positive, upbeat attitude on the bench  and I wish him the best. Being a relatively slim “big”, with a ways to go, I hope he ends up at  a Temple/VCU etc type conference and has a good/enjoyable experience.

24 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Aside from my smartazz comment/joke......Jake always seemed to have a very positive, upbeat attitude on the bench  and I wish him the best. Being a relatively slim “big”, with a ways to go, I hope he ends up at  a Temple/VCU etc type conference and has a good/enjoyable experience.

Sitting out a year will basically give him the redshirt year he needed to accept.

I’m still not sure what the condition is/was but it’s good to see him lifting heavy. When I first took blood thinners they wouldn’t allow me to lift for fear of bruising. Times and medicines have changed but that appears to be a good sign.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

FWIW I listen to the Hoosier report on am1450 during lunch. A few months ago Matt denison was talking with Greg Doyle and he said that Jerome had compartment syndrome from a previous leg injury.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Hearing Justin and Al will also declare for the draft.

In a way, good for them. But this is kinda an abuse of the system. Neither of these guys and also green, are nba material right now.

If these three enter into the process what stops everyone from doing it and diluting the process/system

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

In a way, good for them. But this is kinda an abuse of the system. Neither of these guys and also green, are nba material right now.

If these three enter into the process what stops everyone from doing it and diluting the process/system

They want an evaluation to know what to work on. Can you blame them?

They want an evaluation to know what to work on. Can you blame them?

No. I don’t blame them, they are just going through a process offered to them but there are 1,000 players in college as talented as these three and the nba cannot focus/care about them. It’s actually a retraction from the top 100 that actually have a chance. There just isn’t enough time nor eyeballs to do everyone justice

What feedback are they actually expecting? None of them them are close/on the cusp that one little thing will put them over the top. They all need to improve a ton and any quality coach like Archie can guide them on those things

No. I don’t blame them, they are just going through a process offered to them but there are 1,000 players in college as talented as these three and the nba cannot focus/care about them. It’s actually a retraction from the top 100 that actually have a chance. There just isn’t enough time nor eyeballs to do everyone justice

What feedback are they actually expecting? None of them them are close/on the cusp that one little thing will put them over the top. They all need to improve a ton and any quality coach like Archie can guide them on those things

I agree with you. Not the kids fault, but whoever provides the feedback to these kids has to get annoyed with the amount of players declaring for the draft