Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

In state tuition so wouldn’t be too horrible if that’s the route he’s chooses to go 

You also lose a year of eligibility. He would be a junior if he went to Penn St. he would be a sophomore at any other school outside the B1G

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Uthoff never played a game at Wisky and only was allowed to play 3 seasons at Iowa. He lost a year of eligibility for transferring to another B1G school

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

No one said he would lose 2 years only his sophomore year if he went to another B1G school

I think it's a confusing thing, because it's not that common. Correct me if I am wrong.

Transfers anywhere else, sits a year as normal and comes back a sophomore. 

Transfers in conference, sits the same year, comes back a Junior.

I think it's a confusing thing, because it's not that common. Correct me if I am wrong.
Transfers anywhere else, sits a year as normal and comes back a sophomore. 
Transfers in conference, sits the same year, comes back a Junior.

Each conference could be different but for the B1G this is correct unless the coach gives complete release

Uthoff never played a game at Wisky and only was allowed to play 3 seasons at Iowa. He lost a year of eligibility for transferring to another B1G school

I could be wrong, probably am. But don’t you only get 5 years to play 4? Absent a waiver from the NCAA to get a 6th.

For uthoff he sat out first year at UW. Then sat out a second year at IOWA. That only leaves 3 years left to play. If he played a 4th year at IOWA it would have been 6 years to play 4.

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

rome  @j_hunter35 

Working hard to get back on the court for the best fans in the country.

Man, if you created an NBA 3 from scratch, that’s what he’d look like. Most talented kid on this roster.  With a full year of skill/physical development, assuming he’s good to go, I would expect Hunter to be Conference Freshman of the Year. 

I could be wrong, probably am. But don’t you only get 5 years to play 4? Absent a waiver from the NCAA to get a 6th.

For uthoff he sat out first year at UW. Then sat out a second year at IOWA. That only leaves 3 years left to play. If he played a 4th year at IOWA it would have been 6 years to play 4.

Probably why they make it harder to transfer within conference is they know most kids won’t give up a year usually. If he would of transferred outside the conference or the teams Bo blocked since he redshirted his first year he could of immediately played as a redshirt freshman that next year instead of having to sit out he sophomore year as well and lose a year. The more you dig into it the more confusing it becomes. Lol.