Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

1 hour ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Yeah, to some on here, it doesn't matter. SMH! They ALWAYS find the negative in something. 

For most of those miserable dudes, I honestly think it's all an act... some weird version of trolling. If you acted like that out in the real world, who would continue to interact with you? I would love to see how long they would last around here if everyone just blocked them like I have and never responded to any of their posts or replies. Can we actually just try that, lol? For like a week? 

For most of those miserable dudes, I honestly think it's all an act... some weird version of trolling. If you acted like that out in the real world, who would continue to interact with you? I would love to see how long they would last around here if everyone just blocked them like I have and never responded to any of their posts or replies. Can we actually just try that, lol? For like a week? 

I haven't seen them around as much since there seems to be slightly improved odds of success on the recruiting trail.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m really surprised that there isn’t much mention of Sean East. I watched him play several times in HS with Romeo and each time came away more impressed.  He had great court vision, handle the ball really well and has a good left stroke from 3.  He might be a slighter frame, but a kid who has to work his tail off and feels under valued, plays with a chip on their shoulder.   That’s the kind of kid I want on my team.  Much like a Tom Coverdale was as IU, the kid most overlooked, but had that never quit attitude. Some things aren’t measured by size and speed, it’s attitude and heart.  Think he’d be a great asset and one we’ll regret not taking a risk on.  Anyone else surprised there’s no mention??

Great pub on the kids season at Combine, love the work ethic   

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-basketball-recruiting/indiana/new-albany/new-albany-senior-high-school/sean-east2

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/what-s-next-for-former-new-albany-star-sean-east/article_eb91fd4c-45b2-11e9-874e-e36ccd89452b.html

8 minutes ago, seihoosier said:

I’m really surprised that there isn’t much mention of Sean East. I watched him play several times in HS with Romeo and each time came away more impressed.  He had great court vision, handle the ball really well and has a good left stroke from 3.  He might be a slighter frame, but a kid who has to work his tail off and feels under valued, plays with a chip on their shoulder.   That’s the kind of kid I want on my team.  Much like a Tom Coverdale was as IU, the kid most overlooked, but had that never quit attitude. Some things aren’t measured by size and speed, it’s attitude and heart.  Think he’d be a great asset and one we’ll regret not taking a risk on.  Anyone else surprised there’s no mention??

Great pub on the kids season at Combine, love the work ethic   

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-basketball-recruiting/indiana/new-albany/new-albany-senior-high-school/sean-east2

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/what-s-next-for-former-new-albany-star-sean-east/article_eb91fd4c-45b2-11e9-874e-e36ccd89452b.html

"schools who have been in contact with him include Butler, Loyola University Maryland, High Point, UMass, Southeast Missouri State and Incarnate Word."

oh no...

I haven't seen them around as much since there seems to be slightly improved odds of success on the recruiting trail.

Thats so odd. Never would have guessed.

That’s the connection you think?

After all it’s the off season and it gets quieter on all boards.
Brunk doesn’t make college basketball world excited. Hoosier fans are happy but it’s not an intimidating move.
Anthony Harris, a very solid piece, was going to Virginia Tech and no one cared.
Trendon Watford would turn heads.

Those fans are looking for Romeo’s and Watfords. “Winning” in recruiting. Winning on the court is all that matters. They aren’t looking for silver linings.

I’m just watching it all play out. Not going to get too high or low on recruiting. Unless we start signing Grant Gelons, which many posters on here supported as they support all things IU.

That’s the connection you think?

After all it’s the off season and it gets quieter on all boards.

Brunk doesn’t make college basketball world excited. Hoosier fans are happy but it’s not an intimidating move.

Anthony Harris, a very solid piece, was going to Virginia Tech and no one cared.

Trendon Watford would turn heads.

Those fans are looking for Romeo’s and Watfords. “Winning” in recruiting. Winning on the court is all that matters. They aren’t looking for silver linings.

I’m just watching it all play out. Not going to get too high or low on recruiting. Unless we start signing Grant Gelons, which many posters on here supported as they support all things IU.

Regardless, both of those guys fill needs and landing one of them with a good chance at the second doesn't fit their general 'burn it down' narrative.

Regardless, both of those guys fill needs and landing one of them with a good chance at the second doesn't fit their general 'burn it down' narrative.

I don’t think many want to burn it down. Just frustrated with not getting results. That translates to recruiting.

The attitude of the board will match the success on the court.

He played AAU with Reddish and a bunch of other duke targets so they have seen him play a lot. Maybe they liked what they saw or maybe its courtesy interest to keep good relations with the AAU program since it produces top talent

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Temple makes sense. Penn State does as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I believe if he went to another B1G school as a regular transfer he would lose a year of eligibility. It’s a B1G rule if I’m remembering right. Uthoff went to Iowa from Wisky and in his year of sitting out he had to pay his own way instead of being on scholarship to work around the rule.

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I believe if he went to another B1G school as a regular transfer he would lose a year of eligibility. It’s a B1G rule if I’m remembering right. Uthoff went to Iowa from Wisky and in his year of sitting out he had to pay his own way instead of being on scholarship to work around the rule.

In state tuition so wouldn’t be too horrible if that’s the route he’s chooses to go