Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Who do you take, Lewis or both Wafords?

Good question.   I love Christian and think he'd be a great ambassador for IU long-term, so I think I'd go with the Watfords (even if little Watford only stays 1 year).

If it came down to Lewis vs Watford it's a no-brainer for me - - Lewis.  Has actual college level experience especially in recruiting.  Trendon just isn't that important to me because he'll likely be a OAD at least I'm sure that's his expectation.

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If it came down to this Lewis vs Watford is a no-brainer for me - - Lewis.  Has actual college level experience especially in recruiting.  Trendon just isn't that important to me because he'll likely be a OAD at least I'm sure that's his expectations.

I don’t think Trendon is a OAD. He is in The mold of a multi year 5*. Of course he could blow up next year and the NBA could come calling. 

Edit: I agree about Lewis actually. Christian doesn’t have the coaching experience that Lewis has. Maybe offer Christian the first job after Trendon leaves. 

14 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Is the expectation that Watford will be OAD? I guess I missed that. Is he a notably better athlete than CWat? 

I haven't watched any vids in a while and don't remember. 

Here are a few senior season highlights

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

Why would anyone care about Watford canceling his scheduled announcement date because it won't be televised?  All but a handful of these players want their school announcements to be on a big stage.  It reflects not one bit on what kind of person or player Watford or anyone else who wants a big audience for their college announcement. Not a good look? Gives you pause? If that bothers you, maybe you should follow a different sport?

Ease up there- just another poster expressing their opinion.  

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Seems to me the pitch might be:

“Anthony; Lester Quinones comes to campus on the 24th. Can’t promise IU will be an option once he arrives.”

I agree...

Didn't someone (Chris007, maybe) mention that was basically the approach in regards to Keion and Trendon a while back.... (hey guys, we have a spot for you, 1st one to commit gets the spot) ... 

27 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

I agree...

Didn't someone (Chris007, maybe) mention that was basically the approach in regards to Keion and Trendon a while back.... (hey guys, we have a spot for you, 1st one to commit gets the spot) ... 

No, I am pretty sure Keion had a spot regardless and probably Trendon as well.  

59 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Anthony Harris (V.Tech decommit) is taking an official to IU starting tomorrow.  Rivals says its between UNC and us.

There was a time when Harris and TJD were sending things on Instagram talking about playing together.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Not sure he’s quite as physically talented as Quinones, and not as good a shooter, but, man, would I love to have this kid. The kid radiates toughness in a way that we have not seen around here in a while. Kind of reminds me of Xavier Simpson in that whenever you watch UM his competitiveness just pops and he’s clearly the heartbeat of that team. This needs to happen.

3 hours ago, ap2345 said:

I doubt Ostrom gets this job however.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You and I have just the same chance as him other than he got an interview and we didn't. 

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

Anthony Harris (V.Tech decommit) is taking an official to IU starting tomorrow.  Rivals says its between UNC and us.

There was a time when Harris and TJD were sending things on Instagram talking about playing together.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Also UNC is a finalist for Cole Anthony so that should help us