Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

These roster changes help us with class balance, too. We now have 11 players under scholarship. 2 seniors, 3 juniors, 3 sophomores and 3 freshmen (including Hunter). 

Good call. Wouldn’t mind another grad transfer and another freshmen being added

23 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Maybe the pro scouts will advise Devonte that the best entry pass is not in fact a spin pass from the left elbow to the right block.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He's my favourite IU player right now but those passes made me want to throw my TV in the street lol. 

He's my favourite IU player right now but those passes made me want to throw my TV in the street lol. 

The frustrating part is the 1 of 5 passes that wasn’t a turnover gave him confidence it would work. He then went on to try it 5 more times for it to only work once. This is something really small that can make a huge difference.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I also saw a Twitter post -- can't remember from whom -- that said MSU and U.Va. were the leaders here. But unless I'm wrong (and there's certainly a good chance I am), I thought Izzo had used up all his scholarships. Jerome and Hunter just declared for the NBA draft at U.Va. (and I don't think there's any chance they come back), so they'd have two open -- though I'm not sure who's coming in. Plus, I'm sure Bennett still has connections in Wisconsin. 
Virginia seems like the perfect fit.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Not saying I wouldn't want Watford on IU, I would, but this isn't the best look in my opinion and does give me pause.

Due to the Jordan Brand game not being televised this year I will be postponing my announcement. New announcement date will be coming soon.

8 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Not saying I wouldn't want Watford on IU, I would, but this isn't the best look in my opinion and does give me pause.

Due to the Jordan Brand game not being televised this year I will be postponing my announcement. New announcement date will be coming soon.

It doesn't bother me as much. It is what it is. I just want players who are focused on getting better and not just using IU to go through the motions to get to the NBA. 

Why would anyone care about Watford canceling his scheduled announcement date because it won't be televised?  All but a handful of these players want their school announcements to be on a big stage.  It reflects not one bit on what kind of person or player Watford or anyone else who wants a big audience for their college announcement. Not a good look? Gives you pause? If that bothers you, maybe you should follow a different sport?

5 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Just seen a tweet that Ostrom has or will be interviewed for the head coach of NKU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Thanks for sharing. He interviewed at Dayton before joining Archie at IU, if I remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

It's so he can visit Indiana, and that wouldn't be able to take place prior to the Jordan game.

Television is a convenient excuse. 

I don't think this is very unusual. He wants to get some exposure, good for him. But just because this is the reason given doesn't even mean it's actually why he's postponing. It wouldn't surprise me if he just needs more time to think through his decision. LSU's coaching situation was in flux, and, while Wade is back for now, he probably wants to get a better idea of what's going on. Alabama just hired a new coach who he doesn't know. If he's undecided, which would make sense, then it's totally fine to take some more time

I LOVE this tweet by Trendon, because I think it's a plausible excuse why he isn't announcing yet, and not the real reason he won't be announcing yet.