Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

5 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I wrote, deleted and rewrote, but yeah what a tragedy to be forced to play for a top 5 team for a couple more years. They'll probably make them get an MQ degree to fall back on, also. The horror.

I don't get why personal responsibility and the opportunity for growth through adversity are so frowned upon.

Lol being stuck in a bad situation is clearly a growth opportunity. I suppose the last time you decided you hated your job you decided to instead just stick it out because it was a growth opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol being stuck in a bad situation is clearly a growth opportunity. I suppose the last time you decided you hated your job you decided to instead just stick it out because it was a growth opportunity. 

It's not a job, not remotely a job, not even very job-like and it very likely has much higher financial value than jobs held by peers.

Like it or not, my opinion, but probably also a fact, running from adversity is one of the biggest limiting factors for true growth among kids and young adults over the last 15-20 years. Inability to "handle sutuations" is an epidemic.

Just now, HoosierHoops1 said:

It's not a job, not remotely a job, not even very job-like and it very likely has much higher financial value than jobs held by peers.

Like it or not, my opinion, but probably also a fact, running from adversity is one of the biggest limiting factors for true growth among kids and young adults over the last 15-20 years. Inability to "handle sutuations" is an epidemic.

It’s not a job?  They are putting in tons of work so other people can get rich  sounds like a job to me  

Kinda bold to just say the kids are running from adversity

Out of this list who are transferring for adversity:

Kids who are home sick or family situation has changed  

Kids who transfer because the coach they came to play for left(running from adversity by your definition)

Kids who suffered an injury and can no longer play at a high enough level to get PT where they are at 

Kids who are told to transfer because their scholarship is no longer available to them 

Kids who wish to pursue a degree that their school doesn’t offer

Kids who get misled by the coach when they are being recruited

So in your sage wisdom which of these kids are running from adversity.

Inability to handle situations?  Lol I suppose they should stay off your lawn while they are at it. 

That's crazy. I wonder what happened there. Marquette was poised to be awesome next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably didn’t wanna play with Howard again. They transfer a day or so after Howard plans to stay. Maybe just a coincidence

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

"He can compliment star Antoine Davis who is the son of Mike Davis and also led the team with 26.1 points per game this season."

I can see it now ... 

"Hey Antoine, nice jumper."
"Antoine, I'm diggin' that jacket." 
"Antoine -- 26.1 points a game? That's amazing." 
"Hi, Antoine. Love the dreads."   dreds

(Sorry, I'm a bit of a grammar nerd). 

But you're not so good in spelling!  lol

5 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Probably didn’t wanna play with Howard again. They transfer a day or so after Howard plans to stay. Maybe just a coincidence

Sounds like MSU or Virginia for the Hausers. Neither are graduating so will probably have to sit out a year. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t really see the problem with transfers that a lot of people do. 

Dont feel a kid should be stuck somewhere for 4 years just because that’s how it used to be. 

I don't see the problem either. Kids get four years and need to make the most of it. Things happen and they can change so fast. Take Forrester-he wasn't going to see the court next year unless something crazy happened. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s not a job?  They are putting in tons of work so other people can get rich  sounds like a job to me  

Kinda bold to just say the kids are running from adversity

Out of this list who are transferring for adversity:

Kids who are home sick or family situation has changed  

Kids who transfer because the coach they came to play for left(running from adversity by your definition)

Kids who suffered an injury and can no longer play at a high enough level to get PT where they are at 

Kids who are told to transfer because their scholarship is no longer available to them 

Kids who get misled by the coach when they are being recruited

So in your sage wisdom which of these kids are running from adversity.

Inability to handle situations?  Lol I suppose they should stay off your lawn while they are at it. 

No, not a job.

Yes, a few hours are spent practicing to get better at the game they are good at.

Yes, working out makes you tired.

Yes, 3 hours of practice prevents the same 3 hour period from being used on Madden, or at Kilroys or at "a job".

Shame on those bad mean rich people.

10 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Their dad apparently said it has nothing to do with Howard, so you're probably right, Howard is the reason.

22 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

No, not a job.

Yes, a few hours are spent practicing to get better at the game they are good at.

Yes, working out makes you tired.

Yes, 3 hours of practice prevents the same 3 hour period from being used on Madden, or at Kilroys or at "a job".

Shame on those bad mean rich people.

I notice you dodged the point of that post lol

Miami likely to land one of the top guards left on the board in the senior class: Montverde Academy’s Harlond Beverly. He also considered Georgia, Michigan, Virginia, Indiana, Baylor, Kansas. Combo guard originally from Michigan.

1 reply12 retweets13 likes

Retweet

Direct message

This one cracks me up. I’d venture to guess 1 out of a lot transfer for academic reasons. I believe you could transfer for a grad degree if your current school offered that degree but different courses.

I’d also venture to guess that most of these kids are simply looking for greener pastures the easiest and fastest way possible.