Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

I think Diallo is still quite a project.  But I haven't been as concerned about Ohio State swooping in currently because while we've heard that could be a potential destination for him, I don't think we've heard much any actual expressed interest from them.

This is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IMG_0121.jpg

Excited to see these 2 new Hoosiers but I’ll be honest, I wonder if there is any Dawg in them. Hopefully the quiet Hoosier basketball player stretch is over soon. Part of me loves having great quality kids, but I want the most competitive guys on the court. Sometimes nice guys don’t win.

Romeo and Juwan are good examples of this as well. It’s been a long stretch.

Please win Indiana so I don’t have to come up with so many Cockamamy theories to explain our lack of success.

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jonathan Rothschild - HoosierStateOfMind

Vijay Blackmon is receiving interest from a plethora of programs including University of Detroit who he had a visit with yesterday.

Announcing his intention to transfer from the Indiana basketball program a couple of weekends ago, Blackmon has been busy since then.

A once three-star recruit out of high school, Vijay Blackmon was offered a scholarship to Indiana as well as a handful of other division one programs. There was never a doubt of whether Blackmon would receive interest from division one programs; the question was what programs would he receive interest from?

On Saturday, Blackmon was in Detroit for a meeting with the Titans, and according to sources had a terrific workout.

University of Detroit currently has major ties with Indiana. Their head coach is Mike Davis who was the Head Coach of the Hoosiers from 2000 to 2006 after being an assistant to legendary coach Bob Knight for three years, prior to his head coaching experience.  In 2002, Davis led the Hoosiers to a 19–11 record and was able to make a run to the NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Tournament title game but unfortunately lost to Maryland in the championship.

A prolific scorer in high school, Blackmon averaged 21.3 points per game during his junior year and 17.4 points his senior season. Finishing up his high school career with 1,500 points, he also earned all-state honorable mention as a senior.

This being said, Blackmon can make an immediate impact on a team like U of D. He can compliment star Antoine Davis who is the son of Mike Davis and also led the team with 26.1 points per game this season. With the Detroit Mercy Titans losing their second and third best scorers in McFolley and King, Blackmon can fill a scoring void for the Titans.

Blackmon is ready to go wherever he plays next season. He is a graduate transfer with two full years of eligibility remaining and will be able to play immediately after transfer.

Wish nothing but the best for Vijay. Hope this young man can obtain a D1 scholarship somewhere. Good for him!

6 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Wait? We offered him a Scholarship to stay?

I mean I get it that playing time isn't going to increase, so for him I see why he would make the move.... but why would we offer him a scholarship to stay?

Very much doubt it. The article is written by a IU junior for Fansided. Probably took some liberties with speculation, or heard best case scenario directly from Vijay.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Very much doubt it. The article is written by a IU junior for Fansided. Probably took some liberties with speculation, or heard best case scenario directly from Vijay.

Crean offered Vijay a scholarship his freshman year of high school at Hoosier Hysteria (2012). I'm glad Archie doesn't do that...

15 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

IMG_0121.jpg

Excited to see these 2 new Hoosiers but I’ll be honest, I wonder if there is any Dawg in them. Hopefully the quiet Hoosier basketball player stretch is over soon. Part of me loves having great quality kids, but I want the most competitive guys on the court. Sometimes nice guys don’t win.

Romeo and Juwan are good examples of this as well. It’s been a long stretch.

Please win Indiana so I don’t have to come up with so many Cockamamy theories to explain our lack of success.

Quiet or shy doesn’t mean they don’t have a competitive edge to them. I’ve know many people that have a reserved personality, but gave it 100% at practice and games. 

The transfer epidemic is out of control imo. Probably no going back.

One thing to be happy about IU fans.......most of our transfers are kids not playing versus our best players. Indiana is still a destination school in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t really see the problem with transfers that a lot of people do. 

Dont feel a kid should be stuck somewhere for 4 years just because that’s how it used to 

I wrote, deleted and rewrote, but yeah what a tragedy to be forced to play for a top 5 team for a couple more years. They'll probably make them get an MQ degree to fall back on, also. The horror.

I don't get why personal responsibility and the opportunity for growth through adversity are so frowned upon.