Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

I hope you are right!!! I am totally confused about a lot of you about him. Are you guys hooked on terrible high school player rankings and Indiana kids? I am a big Butler fan and have saw him play more than enough. His better games were against low-level teams and struggled most other times in a conference that was very poor this year.  I have only watched Jackson-Davis play once in New Castle against Westveiw. And it wasnt a good one. If it wasnt for a bench player that had Romeo hair, they would have lost that game. But I did see enough to know Jackson-Davis is a CENTER. He is not a 4. Davis is a center also. All 3 are centers ONLY. You can not play 2 of these 3 guys together. This team has way too many needs in other areas. 3 centers that expect playing time is not a good solution to this disaster.

I wouldn’t be upset with 3 centers after having had 1/2 a center for the last few seasons.

Every off season it seems not only are new recruits overhyped but we get hung up on the fact that we’ll finally have a “NBA size” lineup. I don’t see any 2 of the 3 playing that many minutes together on the floor unless a few of them develop better jumpers and get quick on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I hope you are right!!! I am totally confused about a lot of you about him. Are you guys hooked on terrible high school player rankings and Indiana kids? I am a big Butler fan and have saw him play more than enough. His better games were against low-level teams and struggled most other times in a conference that was very poor this year.  I have only watched Jackson-Davis play once in New Castle against Westveiw. And it wasnt a good one. If it wasnt for a bench player that had Romeo hair, they would have lost that game. But I did see enough to know Jackson-Davis is a CENTER. He is not a 4. Davis is a center also. All 3 are centers ONLY. You can not play 2 of these 3 guys together. This team has way too many needs in other areas. 3 centers that expect playing time is not a good solution to this disaster.

Worst case, we traded 2 guys who could not find playing time on a team that desperately needed some help from them for a guy you got to see play a lot.

2 hours ago, monskisprodigy said:

This is my take as well. Does Joey Brunk have to come in and be an all big ten player? No. Do we need a serviceable back up big man for our veteran big who is injury prone and commits 175 fouls per 3 minutes. Absolutely. 

I believe that TJD will end up being a big time player for us at IU, but if anyone thinks we can survive with only Davis and TJD next season at the 5 spot is crazy. We have Race, but IMO he is not a true 5, and we saw some of that in mismatches last season. We obviously have a need for a shooting guard, but the need for a big man who has seen action in a strong conference is also a huge need for this team. 

An Indiana kid, who plays his butt off, has seen a lot of high level D1 basketball, is a good student and will buy into the program (hopefully). Sign me up, unless there is a better option I'm just not aware of. 

I'm with you about TJD. I think he will be at IU for only two years-especially if he develops a 3 point game. 

17 hours ago, connchr71 said:

For the record, Brunk's high point total for the year (20) was against Seton Hall.  That was also his high rebounding game (10).

Archie is putting in a lot of work to try and get us positioned for a good upcoming season. To me, if we can get Brunk and another good shooting wing/guard that can play a quality 8+ minutes then we are in good shape. The biggest question mark as a lot of us have stated is the health of Jerome Hunter. If he’s 100% then that really gives us an all around scoring threat.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

The biggest question mark as a lot of us have stated is the health of Jerome Hunter.  If he’s 100% then that really gives us an all around scoring threat.

The fact he's working out on his own is certainly encouraging.  I also like to think that if the doctors had determined his competitive basketball career was over due to health that this news would already have been made public.  It serves no purpose to anyone to keep that kind of news under wraps.  Finally, Archie seems more focused on recruiting a guard and not necessarily a replacement for Hunter's spot on the roster.

31 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The fact he's working out on his own is certainly encouraging.  I also like to think that if the doctors had determined his competitive basketball career was over due to health that this news would already have been made public.  It serves no purpose to anyone to keep that kind of news under wraps.  Finally, Archie seems more focused on recruiting a guard and not necessarily a replacement for Hunter's spot on the roster.

I know the word with Hunter is that it's a clotting issue. Assuming that it is, does anyone know if it's more Brandon Ingram or more Chris Bosh?

I know the word with Hunter is that it's a clotting issue. Assuming that it is, does anyone know if it's more Brandon Ingram or more Chris Bosh?

Bosh was cleared to play but the harsh injury to Gordon Hayward put things in perspective for Bosh and he realized he didn’t have the competitive spirit to risk further injury or problems.

What I don’t understand is, if it’s DVT (for Hunter) then the docs can control INR numbers to the point that they know exactly what his clotting time will be.

Seems to me the waiting part is to make sure all DVTs have cleared and he is not at risk of an embolism. The meds and the clotting issues imo is a much smaller issue.

All conjecture because we don’t know exactly what’s up.

Bosh was cleared to play but the harsh injury to Gordon Hayward put things in perspective for Bosh and he realized he didn’t have the competitive spirit to risk further injury or problems.

What I don’t understand is, if it’s DVT (for Hunter) then the docs can control INR numbers to the point that they know exactly what his clotting time will be.

Seems to me the waiting part is to make sure all DVTs have cleared and he is not at risk of an embolism. The meds and the clotting issues imo is a much smaller issue.

All conjecture because we don’t know exactly what’s up.

The DVT should have dissolved by now. The long term issue is meds. From everything I’ve been told/researched, he wouldn’t be able to play while on meds due to the risk of bleeding and bruising. I can’t imagine what a Nick Ward clear out elbow would do to someone on blood thinners.

Correct; they're waiting for him to be off anticoagulant therapy and for him to be off long enough without clotting right back up again.

For his sake I hope he's on Eliquis. Much easier to manage and just as effective as, if not more than, warfarin (depending on what studies you read).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

26 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

With OSU picking up a commitment from 7 footer Ibrahima Diallo, you have to think this helps us with any potential interest in Brunk from the Buckeyes. That was my main concern was they would swoop in and attempt to snag him.

I think Diallo is still quite a project.  But I haven't been as concerned about Ohio State swooping in currently because while we've heard that could be a potential destination for him, I don't think we've heard much any actual expressed interest from them.