Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's meeting with IU and OSU today in Indy. He's been hanging out at Kilroy's earlier this week though :-). Kilroys in Bloomington too

By my count that's two in homes and two "unofficial" visits since he entered the portal. Hopefully no need for an official.

27 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Let me make it clear this is second hand...but comes from someone who has delivered on information in the past. He is hearing that Brunk is a done deal...

I keep a fair level of skepticism with anything I hear pertaining to IUBB (People had me convinced Billy D. was buying property in Bloomington), but there appears to be a lot of smoke for there to be no fire.  

Hope it's true. I really think Brunk could help this team a lot.

On 4/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I really just want guys who want to play for IU, not at IU. 

For or at I'd settle for a player who can hit 45-48% of their outside Jumpers :92:

21 hours ago, Iugradman said:

The one grad transfer IU did land so far under Archie was terrible. Texas Tech was coming off an Elite Eight season. Who cares about preseason predictions. Chris Beard had a track record of success. Archie does not at IU. The fact remains nothing about IU sticks out to top grad transfers who have numerous schools courting them.

Chris Beard's 'track record of success' at Texas Tech entering this season was two seasons long, one of which he didn't make the NCAA or NIT tournament.  

Good for Chris Beard at Texas Tech for a great couple of seasons.  But Bob Knight had a track record that laughs at one's like Chris Beard and he didn't make Texas Tech an attractive place to play.  And if Texas Tech was such an attractive place that it brought (what is now suddenly be rewritten as) the ungodly talent of Matt Mooney, then why was Beard's recruiting class ranked 33rd last year?

Why are we suddenly trying to rewrite Matt Mooney's ability?  Why the need to romanticize it?  In Texas Tech's three guard starting lineup, he was the third best guard behind Moretti and Culver. 

7 hours ago, cthomas said:

Isn't everyone recruited over to some extent. I never understood this complaint/excuse. What coach is not constantly trying to improve the team. It's the player's responsibility to defend their position on the team. If a player truly thinks he is that good, he shouldn't fear competition.

I think Jake's dad wanted Miller to recruit under him.  Unfortunately, Priller had used up his eligibility.

Chris Beard's 'track record of success' at Texas Tech entering this season was two seasons long, one of which he didn't make the NCAA or NIT tournament.  
Good for Chris Beard at Texas Tech for a great couple of seasons.  But Bob Knight had a track record that laughs at one's like Chris Beard and he didn't make Texas Tech an attractive place to play.  And if Texas Tech was such an attractive place that it brought (what is now suddenly be rewritten as) the ungodly talent of Matt Mooney, then why was Beard's recruiting class ranked 33rd last year?
Why are we suddenly trying to rewrite Matt Mooney's ability?  Why the need to romanticize it?  In Texas Tech's three guard starting lineup, he was the third best guard behind Moretti and Culver. 
It's called recency bias

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Hoosier1984 said:

To me he just looks like a guy that goes to OSU. Hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I hope you are right!!! I am totally confused about a lot of you about him. Are you guys hooked on terrible high school player rankings and Indiana kids? I am a big Butler fan and have saw him play more than enough. His better games were against low-level teams and struggled most other times in a conference that was very poor this year.  I have only watched Jackson-Davis play once in New Castle against Westveiw. And it wasnt a good one. If it wasnt for a bench player that had Romeo hair, they would have lost that game. But I did see enough to know Jackson-Davis is a CENTER. He is not a 4. Davis is a center also. All 3 are centers ONLY. You can not play 2 of these 3 guys together. This team has way too many needs in other areas. 3 centers that expect playing time is not a good solution to this disaster.

44 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Six months since this came about and Hunter still cannot do workouts involving contact. No official comment on what was wrong or when or if he might be available to play. Not very encouraging.

Who knows, but i'm not sure there's a real need to rush him back into contact drills in early April.