Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

When I was a senior at IU, Damon was a freshman. He had a stretch in which he played pretty bad -- although since he was just a freshman, how can you tell? ... Anyway, there was a rumor that his head was all messed up because his longtime girlfriend who followed him to IU from Bedford or Heltonville caught him in bed with a Colts cheerleader and went ballistic on him. ... Too bad we didn't have Twitter back then!!! 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Also, it looks like Jake transferring is because they felt he was being "recruited over" with the team going after Brunk. 

Perhaps he should have learned the offense. Nah that couldn’t possibly be the reason he didn’t see PT

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

When I was a senior at IU, Damon was a freshman. He had a stretch in which he played pretty bad -- although since he was just a freshman, how can you tell? ... Anyway, there was a rumor that his head was all messed up because his longtime girlfriend who followed him to IU from Bedford or Heltonville caught him in bed with a Colts cheerleader and went ballistic on him. ... Too bad we didn't have Twitter back then!!! 

She also ended up being his wife. The longtime GF, not the Colts cheerleader. :-)

Just now, cthomas said:

Isn't everyone recruited over to some extent. I never understood this complaint/excuse. What coach is not constantly trying to improve the team. It's the player's responsibility to defend their position on the team. If a player truly thinks he is that good, he shouldn't fear competition.

It's exactly what Chris Ballard is doing with the Colts right now. Competition at the position makes people work harder to keep their spot. 

44 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Isn't everyone recruited over to some extent. I never understood this complaint/excuse. What coach is not constantly trying to improve the team. It's the player's responsibility to defend their position on the team. If a player truly thinks he is that good, he shouldn't fear competition.

Exactly. Big Daddy=Big Bozo

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I can confirm that I just spoke to my wife and she has NOT slept with Romeo yet. She is waiting to see how much he gets on his first contract. The story is BS. It has not had legs since the first time someone posted it. Everyone is claiming that someone slept with someone's girlfriend or coaches wife. NONE of it happened. 

Makes you feel bad for Romeo really, because IU fans that love to talk about their morals and believe this garbage will dog him forever.

It’ll be a small group but it isn’t fair at all. 

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

He'll have millions of reasons to not care this time next year. lol

Very true. But for a program that loves to talk legacies, some ignorant people will always have an asterisk next to his. 

(I’m aware that his on-court legacy won’t be glowing, but he was still pretty dang good)

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Very true. But for a program that loves to talk legacies, some ignorant people will always have an asterisk next to his. 

(I’m aware that his on-court legacy won’t be glowing, but he was still pretty dang good)

Might be just me, but I don't think he was ever going to leave as much of a legacy as a Yogi or a Cody. I'd put him on a similar level with Vonleh. 

Just the nature of being one and done... you don't get to see them grow over the course of a few years. It's over just like that. No second chances.

53 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

He should not be “dogged”, as he played well for a freshman, was injured, and may be viewed as a turning point for good Indiana players going to IU but on the other hand it’s hard to have a legacy when you only play one year and the team does not even make the tournament.  Multi-years, and defining moments, create legacies. Romeo does not have either. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Might be just me, but I don't think he was ever going to leave as much of a legacy as a Yogi or a Cody. I'd put him on a similar level with Vonleh. 

Just the nature of being one and done... you don't get to see them grow over the course of a few years. It's over just like that. No second chances.

Absolutely.  We have many former players that were very good and played several seasons, so a single season guy would have to be outstanding to reach legacy status.  George McGinnis had such a season and is recognized for it, but isn't as highly revered as a lot of other guys who may not have been nearly as talented.

I had to look up those stats - wow!

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/george-mcginnis-1.html