Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

6 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

What I hope for is that we fill spots with our top choices. For example, if we swing and miss on several kids and end up with our kids that were our 4th or 5th choice I will be bummed.

So that means if we target Windham early and get him great. If we try for several other kids first and end up with Windham then I would be concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

^^For me that is a super smart way of looking at it.^^

What I hope for is that we fill spots with our top choices. For example, if we swing and miss on several kids and end up with our kids that were our 4th or 5th choice I will be bummed.

So that means if we target Windham early and get him great. If we try for several other kids first and end up with Windham then I would be concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Zero reason imo to take windham until the other guys decide.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

What in his game, that you’ve observed, makes you feel this way?
Why do we need to jump all over a guy with no high major offers? Saw it too many times with crean to get excited about this.

3 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

This, we need to recruit to our needs. Regardless of stars, the kid needs to play hard whether he’s starting or coming off the bench. A culture needs to be reestablished quick, fast, and in a hurry. We don’t have that so it doesn’t matter what talent we bring in it won’t fit.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes, we need guys who play hard, but consistently getting highly ranked recruits is the only way Archie is going to have sustained success. It sounds really nice to get a bunch of guys who work really hard and play basketball the right way, but talent wins. Occasionally you get lucky and a lower ranked guy breaks through, so there's nothing wrong with taking the occasional flyer. But the recruiting rankings are pretty good and more accurate than not. 

From those Villanova teams, they had one contributor who was not a top 80 recruit, and that was DiVincenzo, who was 124. Hart, Booth, Arcidiacono, Ochefu, Bridges, Spellman, Brunson were all top 80. Their recruiting gets underrated because they do things "the right way", but Wright consistently pulls in very good to great classes. 

Yes, we need guys who play hard, but consistently getting highly ranked recruits is the only way Archie is going to have sustained success. It sounds really nice to get a bunch of guys who work really hard and play basketball the right way, but talent wins. Occasionally you get lucky and a lower ranked guy breaks through, so there's nothing wrong with taking the occasional flyer. But the recruiting rankings are pretty good and more accurate than not. 
From those Villanova teams, they had one contributor who was not a top 80 recruit, and that was DiVincenzo, who was 124. Hart, Booth, Arcidiacono, Ochefu, Bridges, Spellman, Brunson were all top 80. Their recruiting gets underrated because they do things "the right way", but Wright consistently pulls in very good to great classes. 

+1

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

27 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Why do we need to jump all over a guy with no high major offers? Saw it too many times with crean to get excited about this.

I didn’t ask offers. I asked about what you saw in his game that makes you come to your assumption. 

12 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

We do need highly ranked recruits. But taking a blue collar guy, who knows his role, and will get after it in practice and games is also valuable. I see ppl writing of Windham bc of hisbstar rating. The kid can play. He needs to get in a S&C program. But he can shoot it and he doesn’t back down. This is the type of under the radar kid you take a chance on. 

I didn’t ask offers. I asked about what you saw in his game that makes you come to your assumption. 
Nothing I saw in his video made me think he could come and play right away next year. The whole overall game. Archie needs to win next year period. If he could play 15 mns a game I would say go get him. Its my opinion. I know you dont agree but that is my take and I am not going to lie

Just now, Bailey7878 said:

Nothing I saw in his video made me think he could come and play right away next year. The whole overall game. Archie needs to win next year period. If he could play 15 mns a game I would say go get him. Its my opinion. I know you dont agree but that is my take and I am not going to lie

Archie is going to win with the kids on the roster now and a grad transfer like Brunk. That’s the hand and he will get in the NCAA next year. Windham is a kid that is someone we don’t see a lot until he gets much stronger. Probably his sophomore or junior year. We already have an instant impact guy in TJD, who will likely leave early. So adding a 4 year guy is important for class balance and yearly continuity. 

Archie is going to win with the kids on the roster now and a grad transfer like Brunk. That’s the hand and he will get in the NCAA next year. Windham is a kid that is someone we don’t see a lot until he gets much stronger. Probably his sophomore or junior year. We already have an instant impact guy in TJD, who will likely leave early. So adding a 4 year guy is important for class balance and yearly continuity. 
All depends on if he is willing to sit on the bench for two years or not. Jake clearly did not want too.

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

All depends on if he is willing to sit on the bench for two years or not. Jake clearly did not want too.

True. The overall point I’m making is, if we don’t get some of the other guys, and we do take Windham, it’s not the end of the world. 

50 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

So I guess TTU is the outlier here. Last I checked, they were pretty good last year and well, we know how good they are this year. I'm not saying that our recruits have to be total 'shots in the dark' but it starts with culture. If you not allow CAM to build his program, his culture, then a disservice is being done to our program. He is the one prowling the sidelines, not you or me. It is a learning process for all and I think that he learned alot this past season. Some 3* players develop into great team-first players, some don't. Some 5* players are busts, most aren't. Too many are quick to judge a player before they are even given a chance to develop. It's all about now, now, now.

Quite frankly, we need to build there first. What were the players rankings when he was exiting in the first and second rounds. We need to build culture with the right recruits not the highest ranked recruits. What is our culture currently? If you’re a recruit that doesn’t see time transfer out? Kid of play hard when you’re going to get a dunk attempt? Don’t worry about having an off effort day there’s a game later in the week? The culture needs to be built NOW. If Archie and Co. can do that with high 4* and 5* that stay several years I’m down but it didn’t work last season. It’s painful because we haven’t been Indiana for years but we need a solid culture of working hard. Until that happens the higher ranked kids will just play at IU not for IU.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

He knows nothing. He just throws crap at a wall and hopes some of it sticks. Not a single original thought, ever. 

He won’t see this because he ignored me for calling him out on this previously, so someone feel free to quote it so he has to. 

Had to Mod orders. Frankly I’m surprised people are allowed to ignore mods