Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

Best case scenario is Brunk, Watford and Quinones IMO

3 possible starters. That’s the kind of drastic change I could get behind.

We won’t get these guys. Just won’t happen. Not enough PT to sell imo.

Watford and TJD would get starter minutes.

Phinesee/Durham
Green/Franklin
Watford/Hunter
TJD/Race
Davis/Brunk

That team should win basketball games. Still lacks shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Best case scenario is Brunk, Watford and Quinones IMO

Yeah that would for sure be a huge talent infusion and Watford would be as good as it gets as far as an insurance policy of sorts for Hunter's role. And Christian is my favorite player of the last 20 years so I'd love to see his brother go here.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Phinesee/Durham
Green/Franklin
Watford/Hunter
TJD/Race
Davis/Brunk

I think we could swing it but it's definitely unlikely. Everything would need to break our way.

I'm really not that concerned about shooting. I don't think we'll be elite but we'll be way better than we were this year. Romeo and Morgan both shot under 30% from three but combined for over 200 attempts from three. Those shots will mostly go to Green, Phinisee, and Durham next season which will help a ton along with any marginal improvement we might see from them. Our roster would look really nice if we could get Brunk and Watford alone, Quinones on top would be amazing. But now we're counting a lot of eggs as chickens...

1 hour ago, Aeggie said:

I think we could swing it but it's definitely unlikely. Everything would need to break our way.

I'm really not that concerned about shooting. I don't think we'll be elite but we'll be way better than we were this year. Romeo and Morgan both shot under 30% from three but combined for over 200 attempts from three. Those shots will mostly go to Green, Phinisee, and Durham next season which will help a ton along with any marginal improvement we might see from them. Our roster would look really nice if we could get Brunk and Watford alone, Quinones on top would be amazing. But now we're counting a lot of eggs as chickens...

If shooting is not significantly improved, next year will look more like this year than anyone wants to see.

21 minutes ago, cthomas said:

If shooting is not significantly improved, next year will look more like this year than anyone wants to see.

3 of our best 3 point shooters are back and 2 were under classmen if it’s not better a shooting coach needs to be put on staff. 

Really need Brunk to give us a strong big rotation. We can’t keep letting other teams have the two tallest guys on the court

33 minutes ago, cthomas said:

If all of our returning players shoot the exact same percentage that they did this year but the ~200 shots Romeo and Morgan too are split between Green, Phinisee, and Durham our team shooting percentage will rise a lot. That's what I'm saying. Even if our returnees don't get that much better we won't have as many poor shooters taking a high volume of threes which should make a big impact on its own.

Just now, Aeggie said:

If all of our returning players shoot the exact same percentage that they did this year but the ~200 shots Romeo and Morgan too are split between Green, Phinisee, and Durham our team shooting percentage will rise a lot. That's what I'm saying. Even if our returnees don't get that much better we won't have as many poor shooters taking a high volume of threes which should make a big impact on its own.

The right players need to be taking the 3s next year. Virginia has only two guys shooting 40 percent but because their top 3 shooters took 71% of their attempts probably 85% non garbage time the team shot a high percentage 

Green should take over 30 percent of our 3s and if Phinisee can match his pre concussion numbers he shouldn’t be too far behind

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Phinesee/Durham
Green/Franklin
Watford/Hunter
TJD/Race
Davis/Brunk

Brunk is likely. The other two are up in the air. We’ll see how it unfolds

13 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Yes he was one of the transfers that had interest in IU but thought that he might conflict with Romeo so he opted to go elsewhere.

I also remember we brought Moretti on campus for a workout and never offered. That was a miss. 

I’m curious if we’ll pursue Michael Lewis or not. I like the idea on its face and I haven’t been able to find out if he has other plans already in place.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m curious if we’ll pursue Michael Lewis or not. I like the idea on its face and I haven’t been able to find out if he has other plans already in place.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If he doesn’t have plans in place he will be at the summer events networking throughout the summer just to stay involved with the game. Last year I saw Greg Paulus at multiple events. When Louisville hired Mack, Paulus was let go so he there basically a free agent walking around looking for a job. It paid off for him because he got a job at George Washington as one of their assistants.