Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

17 hours ago, Kepner said:

This!! Seems that there are players that a lot on here want gone but now that a few of them have announced that they are in fact transferring it’s turned into bash Miller and the staff. A lot of people seem to be looking for reasons to complain

You are right and I'm not defending the incessant negativity, but I am sympathetic to a degree. I was incredibly disappointed in this season and needed a while to blame/vent/accuse and complain to get it out of my system. I am a little more rational now-  apparently others haven't moved out of the stage of grief yet. Or maybe they are just miserable whiners, either way, multiple players transferring after a underwhelming season isn't a good look. Probably necessary and part of the solution, but if this was Crean we'd be burning him in effigy right now. I'm unhappy as an IU fan. I hope that is good though, because the next step is apathy and that is the death knell. I am upset because I care but can't DO anything about it other than carp, cry and gripe. Hopefully that is the motivation behind most of the negativity and it blows over soon.  

51 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

If you don't see a reason to practice harder when you are thd bench, either that player is delusional, entitled, or comfortable with being on the bench.

Maybe he was working as hard as possible without seeing playing time. Lets assume he was practicing hard for weeks and didn't see the floor so he started practicing even harder. After all these hard practices he still doesn't see playing time. A good coach will know his players goals and then lay out expectations while guiding them on how they can achieve their goals. It appears that many players on this team didn't agree with what the coach was saying and packed it in. Its almost a classic case of doing poorly in school to punish the parent. 

10 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Maybe he was working as hard as possible without seeing playing time. Lets assume he was practicing hard for weeks and didn't see the floor so he started practicing even harder. After all these hard practices he still doesn't see playing time. A good coach will know his players goals and then lay out expectations while guiding them on how they can achieve their goals. It appears that many players on this team didn't agree with what the coach was saying and packed it in. Its almost a classic case of doing poorly in school to punish the parent. 

I guess you didn't see my post about him not learning the plays till about 2 months into the season. 

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Given the landscape of both men's and women's college basketball old Tubby makes a very good point.

image.thumb.png.213aa310d9d15792687b325cf497ef0c.png

Yes he does.  Many players during the RMK years probably wanted to leave after their first year (heck, probably after their first month).

2 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Yes he does.  Many players during the RMK years probably wanted to leave after their first year (heck, probably after their first month).

Eh I would hate to have to stay at a school that wasn’t the right fit for 4 years because some mediocre coach would accuse me of quiting. 

17 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I refuse to believe that. Fitzner was unproductive on both sides of the ball (that's saying it in a nice way). Moore and Forrester both showed flashes in their limited minutes that Fitzner never showed.

I disagree. Fitz played much better at the end of the year. Did he still get beat on (on ball) defense yes, but he played much better towards the end. He was in the right position more times than both Moore and Forrester and was a better option for a team that needed wins.

I liked both Moore and Forrester, but they needed more time and I wish they would have stayed to see what they could have become at IU.

Which explains his shooting woes this year. Best of luck to him

Certainly didn't help, but his shot needs to be reworked anyway. He's never going to be a good shooter until he cleans up his form. Ball comes back too far and his wrist action is not good. He's athletic enough to still make it work, but that's not going to cut it in the NBA. He's athletic enough that I'm sure he can fix it relatively quickly, so hopefully he can come back from surgery quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

I disagree. Fitz played much better at the end of the year. Did he still get beat on (on ball) defense yes, but he played much better towards the end. He was in the right position more times than both Moore and Forrester and was a better option for a team that needed wins.

I liked both Moore and Forrester, but they needed more time and I wish they would have stayed to see what they could have become at IU.

I'm not too bummed with Moore and Forrester if we get Brunk for 2 years. He is already ahead of both in terms of development and from what I have seen from TJD he is definitely not a 1 and done. Moore seems a better fit for a mid major just based on his lack of strength. You can tell he wants to be on the perimeter. Forrester is still intriguing to me somewhat but I did find it odd that that Race immediately passed him after all of his issues he dealt with. The guy I wish we had back was Emmitt Holt although I know he would have graduated by now!

6 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I'm not too bummed with Moore and Forrester if we get Brunk for 2 years. He is already ahead of both in terms of development and from what I have seen from TJD he is definitely not a 1 and done. Moore seems a better fit for a mid major just based on his lack of strength. You can tell he wants to be on the perimeter. Forrester is still intriguing to me somewhat but I did find it odd that that Race immediately passed him after all of his issues he dealt with. The guy I wish we had back was Emmitt Holt although I know he would have graduated by now!

Emmitt Holt -- yep, I really would have liked to seen what he would have become at IU. Agree 100%.

10 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Certainly didn't help, but his shot needs to be reworked anyway. He's never going to be a good shooter until he cleans up his form. Ball comes back too far and his wrist action is not good. He's athletic enough to still make it work, but that's not going to cut it in the NBA. He's athletic enough that I'm sure he can fix it relatively quickly, so hopefully he can come back from surgery quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't think his wrist action wasn't to help compensate compensate for his lack of thumb strength?

Given the landscape of both men's and women's college basketball old Tubby makes a very good point.
image.thumb.png.213aa310d9d15792687b325cf497ef0c.png

I like this. Often times, like water, we find the least resistant path but that leads to fewer life lessons and experienced gained. We, as a society, want things easy and want them now. That doesn’t allow for maturity and the satisfaction of accomplishing something worthy of praise. If it were easy everyone would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

You don't think his wrist action wasn't to help compensate compensate for his lack of thumb strength?

I’m sure the thumb contributed to some of the inconsistency in his release. But it didn’t impact the inconsistent footwork, body position and landing point. That stuff just needs a good bit of refinement. I think the thumb may have bothered him more in traffic situations around the rim. Sometimes he could take the ball up through contact easily and other times it seemed to be an issue.

49 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I think the thumb helps explain some of the times he missed badly to the left or right. But he just needs a coach who can tweak things, and he needs a lot of work in catch and shoot. Most of his high school highlights show him shooting either off the dribble or from a stand still, when he's held the ball after a pass and shoots in a guy's face. He's clearly most comfortable shooting in these types of situations. His shot looks pretty natural on these types of plays. 

But he's really bad in catch and shoot situations, and that's where he needs a lot of work. This isn't shocking as he's likely always had the ball in his hand, so playing off ball in a SG role is a bit different, but he never got comfortable getting into his shot. It showed in the results too. I don't remember where I saw it, but he was in the 66th percentile on shots off the dribble, but only 25th percentile in catch and shoot situations. Some of that is likely that he had issues catching the ball with his thumb, but there are also ways to make his shot more efficient.