Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

59 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My goodness after reading all of the posts from last night, it must have been a wet Wednesday with some mid-week drinking. Jake was a reach, to begin with, and if he couldn't get any time on the floor during a losing streak then it was best that he moves on. Race was in concussion protocol for over a month and came back to pass him on the depth chart immediately. You need 3 maybe 4 good big men to compete in the Big Ten. We have Davis, Brunk :-), TJD and Thompson. Everyone calm down. Meetings will be over by the end of the day so this might be the last one besides Romeo. 

There's always a hidden backstory. Something tells me the REAL reason Prince Harry is upset is because Jake Forrester entered the transfer portal:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6884941/The-Queen-bans-Meghan-wearing-jewellery-Royal-Collection.html

Are classes ongoing right now in Bloomington?

Heard some interesting take on Romeo yesterday... I have ALWAYS said he is 99.9% gone... my opinion with whatever facts/rumors/info I have... but just to pass along...

This person told me Romeo is much more undecided than I would have thought, and to the point that he actually wants to come back for another year. But I was told his parents due to previously explained financial reasons (and maybe other reasons too) want him to go ahead and turn pro. 

From what was said to me he has been home at some point this week (or maybe still) and those conversations with his parents are going on and they have begun to soften and let him choose his own path....

As I said this would be a SHOCK to me and I don't see it happening.... but could this possible.. this person is a relatively new source so I am not sure how connected he may or may not be....

2 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Heard some interesting take on Romeo yesterday... I have ALWAYS said he is 99.9% gone... my opinion with whatever facts/rumors/info I have... but just to pass along...

This person told me Romeo is much more undecided than I would have thought, and to the point that he actually wants to come back for another year. But I was told his parents due to previously explained financial reasons (and maybe other reasons too) want him to go ahead and turn pro. 

From what was said to me he has been home at some point this week (or maybe still) and those conversations with his parents are going on and they have begun to soften and let him choose his own path....

As I said this would be a SHOCK to me and I don't see it happening.... but could this possible.. this person is a relatively new source so I am not sure how connected he may or may not be....

For his sake, I hope this isn't true. I'd hate to be a kid who wanted to stay in college and have that kind of pressure put on him.

10 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Yeah classes are going on right now. Spring break was a few weeks ago.

27 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Anthony Harris has asked for his release from Virginia Tech.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I just saw that on Twitter as well.  I would hope we are on the phone right now!!!!  Weren't we recruiting him pretty hard?

Kid had a ton of offers. Didn't look like things were that serious with us. 
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Anthony-Harris-98563/RecruitInterests/

Yes, however, things are much different in the spring as rosters and recruiting classes are solidified.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Don't doubt it.. Just pointing out we weren't close on him the first time.

I believe it came down to IU/Georgia for 5th official visit (that he never took). 

12 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Sometimes players play better in games than they do in practice. It can also be a downward spiral for someone like Jakel that if you're not playing in games, why would you practice harder? I get that if you're not playing you should practice harder to prove yourself. But lets say you practice harder for weeks and still don't see the court, its so easy to give up. Especially when you see players that you think you're better than end up playing ahead of you. It totally makes sense if he gave up and was negative about the entire situation, didn't like the coaching and then drug other players down to his level. Its easy to see multiple players upset at the coaching decisions and acting out behind closed doors or in the locker room when the coach isn't around.

From a coaching standpoint, if you only have Fitzner for 1 year and you have Jake for 4, wouldn't it make more sense to play your freshman more to give them that experience so they can contribute more effectively in year 2 and 3? Especially during the 12 game skid...

I get everyone's viewpoint, but from the outside looking in, I just don't get why we would make excuses. It reminds me of 2012-2013 when Cody Zeller won the 3pt contest in Hoosier Hysteria and then Crean refused to let him shoot it from outside. A lot of people on sites like this said the same things defending Archie this year as they did Crean. Then in 2015 Wisconsin (with a similar team) let Kamisky shoot the 3 whenever he was open and was feeling it. I'm having flashbacks to the Crean years when everyone was making excuses after excuses defending the coach... Full disclosure is that I think we should Fire Archie for Chris Beard; and knowing that will never happen; I think he should get next year to prove himself. But to call questionable coaching decisions anything other than questionable coaching decisions is anything but helpful when we are trying to resurrect the program and take it back to greatness.

If you don't see a reason to practice harder when you are thd bench, either that player is delusional, entitled, or comfortable with being on the bench.