Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

50 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

He may have been apart of the class, but if he never plays, it wont be counted against Archie like an Anderson would be. As of now Jerome is just there waiting. Would player-coach be better than manager? Realistically, he is not part of future plans until it is said he's healthy enough to play. So no reason to include him. When he plays, he will be judged with that class.

Realistically, he is a part of future plans until it is said he's not healthy enough to play again.  Last I saw, he was a scholarship player who has four years of eligibility left.  It must be miserable being so miserable.

Damn, I really liked Jake’s energy and toughness when he was on the court. But I get it. The depth chart isn’t looking good for him. 

This roster needs a talent overhaul. If a guy like Jake who has real effort can’t find a spot then we better get some consistent effort from the returning guys who played with zero interest many games. 

This is also turning into a talent evaluation issue for the staff. Damezi and Jake are two guys in Miller’s first class who couldn’t find any way to contribute. How are we identifying Big Ten players?
Edit: talent evaluation AND development both

Don't give up on Damezi yet. As I remember, most people who had seen Jake in high school said he was a project who probably wouldn't play much as a freshman or sophomore. That doesn't mean he would have been worthless. We get 13 scholarships, so not all are going to contribute every year. His expectations may be different though, so he's free to leave and try to prove Archie wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, he either fouled or got beat every time someone went at him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The game was too fast for him too. He missed a bunch of rebounds by just not reacting quickly enough or being strong enough. He tried hard, but that's about all he could do.

I know Fitzner was frustrating, but he at least knew what he was doing on the court, even if he got pushed around on defense. He had 3 years of college experience, so he was just more prepared. Jake was behind from a physical and mental standpoint this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to Jake. He would be sitting 4th string here next year, maybe 5th, assuming Brunk comes. 
Brunk, Davis, TJD, and Race are all ahead of him on the depth chart. 
If Brunk does decide to come I could see him in the starting lineup. Would be a good weak side rebounder opposite of TJD. I think would be more dependable able to play started minutes over Davis.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Kepner said:

This!! Seems that there are players that a lot on here want gone but now that a few of them have announced that they are in fact transferring it’s turned into bash Miller and the staff. A lot of people seem to be looking for reasons to complain

Yeah, it's the same 3 or 4 as usual!

21 minutes ago, Kepner said:

This!! Seems that there are players that a lot on here want gone but now that a few of them have announced that they are in fact transferring it’s turned into bash Miller and the staff. A lot of people seem to be looking for reasons to complain

There is something that Miller said when he was hired that he may have wished he hadn't ventured from:  he stated when he was hired that he didn't know if he would ever use 13 scholarships, that it could be 10 or 11.  He said that it wasn't possible to keep 13 players happy.  Even with all the injuries we had, we had a walk on getting more time that some of the scholarship players and several scholly players never figured into the rotation.

You are exactly right

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I get Jake and his Pops frustration. So many times it seemed guys playing in front of him were either not productive (McBob, Evan, Race) or did not give effort (Smith). Even if you did not expect to play much, as the season unfolded and guys ahead of you struggled and yet you don’t see the court then you have to figure out why.

When he got in he seemed enthusiastic but lost. I think I would have played enthusiastic lost players vs uninspired players and would have been frustrated being a parent.

That being said, we don’t know what happened in practice, don’t know if he put in time on his own or did not follow the plan once in the game.

Not enough information for me to judge Archie or Jake. Wish him well and hope he finds a place where he can play a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Or maybe fitzner was simply better.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I refuse to believe that. Fitzner was unproductive on both sides of the ball (that's saying it in a nice way). Moore and Forrester both showed flashes in their limited minutes that Fitzner never showed.