Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

24 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

The next KD according to Dorkich

Yeah, I love his talent, but 1 of the 15 greatest players in history is a bit rich. Hyperbole is really not my thing. 

I read that article when Doyel wrote it. 1) I thought it was disgraceful that he would put a family's private financial business out for public consumption like that. 2) on the other hand? That's not a burden that any parent should lay on their 19 year old child. If he wants to return? I'd hope he would tell them, I'm not responsible for your decisions. I love you and will help you financially at some point in time if I'm able but this is my life and I'm going to walk my own path. I'd hope as parents that's what they'd encourage him to do so. 
I would be furious if I was them. That is a crap move by doyle.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Doyel just referenced what the Washington Post reported last spring. It was already out there, and in a much bigger newspaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me that just puts him in a bigger pool of people that did the wrong thing. 

Like it or not, big time college basketball puts kids in the public spotlight. For better or worse, their life and those around them is open to scrutiny. I personally don't like it, but that's the world we live in. It's also the reason I want the best possible outcome for the kids, no matter where they choose to play.

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It stinks to hear about Romeo, but you gotta sacrifice for your family sometimes. Hope he can find success at the next level. 

It makes no sense. The article states it's about $21k over 4 1/2 years.  That's delivering pizza's 8 hours a week at night and certainly isn't Romeo's responsibility. 

11 hours ago, jonz44 said:

To me that just puts him in a bigger pool of people that did the wrong thing. 

If somebody else has reported it, and it's likely to be a factor in Romeo's decision, which is the biggest story for the team, he can't really ignore it. It's public knowledge. You could debate whether the original Washington Post article was in poor taste, but now that it's out there, it's very relevant to Romeo's situation.

If any other transfers were happening, would we have known of them by now and the news been released? I’m not saying I hope to see anyone else go, but it sure helps paint a better picture of the situation heading into next season as far as how many more guys we have to try to get to commit if additional players on the current roster aren’t going to be here. 

There may be a player or two who decides to leave the program depending upon who is brought in either as a graduate transfer or a new recruit.  If Trendon Watford would choose Indiana, for example, we might see one of the "bigs" decide to leave because that would mean less playing time.