Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

39 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I feel like I'm able to empathize with Archie sometimes.  This is his big chance and he knows it.  He moved his family here, he cashed in all of his chips and bet on himself here.  This opportunity must work for him, for so many reasons.  And so he's got all of this pressure, and it is seeping through, not always in the best ways.  I think he was a little high strung last year and early on this year.  I think the loss of confidence was at least partially due to Archie transferring some of that pressure on the guys.  As the losses mounted, Archie withdrew a little bit, and to me it felt like he was going through a learning moment.  He held his composure and did not throw guys under the bus or anything, but I think he also became pretty resolute that he needs to churn out some wins, and any players not on board to do that will be disposed of.  I like to think that after he sees some success and settles down from these pressure-filled midlife years, he'll be warmer and more affable with his players.  At this point, he does not have that security, and so he'll continue to be colder and harsher. 

I hope that he does find ways to be more effective in encouraging the guys.  The old "beatings will continue until morale improves" approach may not work when getting guys to play loosely and confidently.  The article on Devonte explores that to some extent.  Like it or not, there's a human element here, and an effective leader acknowledges that there may be different approaches that can yield better results.

I'm seeing some complaints about the assistant coaches; no shot doctor, no offensive guru, no family atmosphere, apparently no halftime speeches/advice from anyone.  It will be something to follow.  

it is painfully obvious, that there is no leadership from the players.  i think Archie was spoiled by that at dayton.  The only person i see as a team first player is RP....no offense to Morgan or Langford, but they cannot command the team.  Archie is a no bs guy, and that's what is expected.  The family atmosphere is a facade unless the players are all in.....

Even I, despite being clearly is very down on this program, I am still looking at what is to come. 
If we can get Brunk to give us the size to bang in the Big Ten
If Al and Phinisee can further develop their shooting 
If Hunter is the real deal and is back 
There is hope despite it being a lot of ifs

Yep and I don’t blame people for being down on IU. There are very few justifiable rebuttals. At this point we need a lot of things to change. Not just one person or one set of mindsets. We need a culture change, and at this point our best bet is with the coach and team. What you stated is absolutely needs to happen at a bare minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ve got my eyes tuned in.

Hoping and expecting some changes.

Patience seems important here as we are collecting transfer options along the way.

Don’t want to pull the trigger too quickly.

Kentucky had a grad transfer big in the other day. It’s all the rage.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’ve got my eyes tuned in.

Hoping and expecting some changes.

Patience seems important here as we are collecting transfer options along the way.

Don’t want to pull the trigger too quickly.

Kentucky had a grad transfer big in the other day. It’s all the rage.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Experienced talent wins and people are understanding that. I did the research earlier in the year but Texas Tech, Uof6 and O$U were all “old” compared to us. I’d like to see us get a few grad transfers that can contribute. Along with Green and Davis becoming healthy, maturing, and improving their game we could have a better season.

I heard bob kravitz on the radio. So whats his deal? He was a massive crean homer to the end but now he is kind of ripoing iu and giving purdue all his love. Claims purdue will be way better than iu next year.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I heard bob kravitz on the radio. So whats his deal? He was a massive crean homer to the end but now he is kind of ripoing iu and giving purdue all his love. Claims purdue will be way better than iu next year.

Because Purdue is the best team in the state. If IU passes them, you’ll see him and Doyle on their knees for IU. It is how they are. Trash media.

23 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

They probably will be

28 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Typical pundit hot take, but he’s always been highly respectful of Painter. Rightly so, Painter’s a terrific coach. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.  Perfectly reasonable to assume PU will be better next year, though I wouldn’t bet my house on it. Wheeler’s gonna be their key. Man, does that kid have a high ceiling.

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

They probably will be

I think any objective observer would have to say so. Losing Edwards and Cline will definitely knock them back, but I way undersold them before his season, so what do I know? They have some solid looking players in Williams, Hunter and Wheeler along with the typical smattering of try-hard, neck bearded dorks.  

42 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

A big portion of the IU fan base is constantly ripping the team so why are we surprised when the media does the same?

Purdue has a culture and a pattern to how they do things so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they are still really good next year. They lost 4 seniors/starters coming into this year and ended up making it further 

5 hours ago, mamasa said:

Just talked w/ a different co-worker who had lunch w/ one of the managers on the team.  Nothing new or ground-breaking, but he said that there is no "family" atmosphere on the team, everyone playing for themselves.    The interesting thing I was told is that the assistant coaches are "a big part of it"- I asked my friend what his friend meant- he said that they don't really foster a team vibe.  Said that Romeo is almost 100% gone.  Also said that there are no alphas on this team (which we all definitely could see). Obviously, the manager can't/won't say a lot, but I'll take any news I can get.  

Romeo is 100% gone but not because he wants to be. Doyal was exactly right about that situation. 

Romeo is 100% gone but not because he wants to be. Doyal was exactly right about that situation. 

What did Doyel say? Are you referencing the article from a couple weeks ago when Doyel said Romeo should come back or is it something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk