Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

I’d be very happy with a starting 5 of Rob, Green, Hunter, TJD, Brunk....assuming Green stays and can manage to work on limiting the dumb spin ball passes...with actual size down low we should never have to see an entry pass like that ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

35 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Did East put on any weight? I remember watching him at NA and he was an absolute baller, but would’ve gotten eaten alive at the B1G level. 

No idea when the picture was taken but probably last fall as a part of the official team shoot.

image.thumb.png.46bfe4ec0ed886b61aae175af189401e.png

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

I’d be very happy with a starting 5 of Rob, Green, Hunter, TJD, Brunk....assuming Green stays and can manage to work on limiting the dumb spin ball passes...with actual size down low we should never have to see an entry pass like that ever again.

I assume De'ron starts and Brunk and him get a 50/50 split in minutes.

2 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

If we are going to go after a 3* that can he the 3, then how about this guy: 22ppg, 8ast, 4reb, 3stl per game at a prep school. Plus this kid shot 40%+ from 3 during HS. Sean East

After a season at a prep school, East's offers are coming from Fordham, Drake, Appalachian State, and UMass.  So I'd say that East and WIndham have had similar level offers but Windham hasn't had the advantage of a year of basketball prep.

I imagine he’d start alongside TJD next year. We’d actually have a legit front court.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I watched highlights of the IU-Butler game from December and was totally surprised how well Brunk ran the floor. Seemed to be a sprint every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hoosier1984 said:

David Jenkins transferring from South Dakota st. Averaged 20 points per game & 45% from three. A guard and only 6’2” but someone we should take a look at.

Grad transfer? 

2 hours ago, Hoosier1984 said:

David Jenkins transferring from South Dakota st. Averaged 20 points per game & 45% from three. A guard and only 6’2” but someone we should take a look at.

From Tacoma, Wa, maybe 45 mins from UW campus. So not getting too deep into watching this kid. 

On 3/28/2019 at 1:02 PM, Honkyman said:

I knew about the law school part although (as a law school graduate) I don't think it would be too hard to do both. Lots of people have worked their way through law school taking more than the usual three years. Does anyone know why he is leaving Butler?

I agree with this, and the same could be said about a lot of majors.  It's a matter of the kid and his ability to manage time.  Players also receive additional one-on-one tutors, although I will admit I probably couldn't perform well in any classroom under any major while playing college basketball (or any other sport).  I realize law school is difficult, but I also realize a lot of other majors are as well that other student athletes major in.  Talk to a chemist and ask if he or she could play a sport...and some will say yes, while others will say no.  It's a matter of who the student athlete is.  

High school came easy to me and I hardly studied while working a full time job and playing multiple sports.  College is altogether different in many ways, but again, it's a matter of the student.

Alan Henderson did alright...I believe he had a perfect 4.0 gpa while in pre-med and graduated with a degree in biology and was accepted into medical school while being a centerpiece to an Indiana basketball program.  I don't know whether he'll enroll at Indiana or whether he'll play basketball while working on his degree, but his choice of major doesn't sway me to believe one way or the other.

On 3/30/2019 at 8:10 PM, Brass Cannon said:

Smith, Green, Al and Rob shot 35% plus.  3 are underclassmen. 35% is more than enough to keep a defense honest. 

As I said if there’s a 3 and D wing out there I lm all for adding them. I’m not sure there are many out there though. 

Shooting is an issue. I think the far bigger issue is that we almost never had the tallest guy on the court and sometimes didn’t even have the second tallest. 

I'm not sure why several people believe Smith shot well from 3-point range.  He was the second worst 3-point shooter on the team, outside of clean up crew (and Blackmon actually shot .500).

This isn't aimed at you personally, as I've read from several posters who thought Smith was among our best three-point shooters.  He absolutely was not.

McRoberts .211

Smith .219

Anderson .233

Langford .272

Morgan .295

Fitzner .309

Phinisee .310

Durham .348

Green .410

EDIT: My apologies for spitting out the same as others before me.  I should learn to read the entire thread before commenting, but if I did, then I would forget to say anything...especially when I'm 20 pages behind.  Still, I should.

2 minutes ago, ray said:

I'm not sure why several people believe Smith shot well from 3-point range.  He was the second worst 3-point shooter on the team, outside of clean up crew (and Blackmon actually shot .500).

This isn't aimed at you personally, as I've read from several posters who thought Smith was among our best three-point shooters.  He absolutely was not.

McRoberts .211

Smith .219

Anderson .233

Langford .272

Morgan .295

Fitzner .309

Phinisee .310

Durham .348

Green .410

I didn’t think he was. Just lumping him in to be fair since if he’s back he will be taking some. 

I agree with this, and the same could be said about a lot of majors.  It's a matter of the kid and his ability to manage time.  Players also receive additional one-on-one tutors, although I will admit I probably couldn't perform well in any classroom under any major while playing college basketball (or any other sport).  I realize law school is difficult, but I also realize a lot of other majors are as well that other student athletes major in.  Talk to a chemist and ask if he or she could play a sport...and some will say yes, while others will say no.  It's a matter of who the student athlete is.  
High school came easy to me and I hardly studied while working a full time job and playing multiple sports.  College is altogether different in many ways, but again, it's a matter of the student.
Alan Henderson did alright...I believe he had a perfect 4.0 gpa while in pre-med and graduated with a degree in biology and was accepted into medical school while being a centerpiece to an Indiana basketball program.  I don't know whether he'll enroll at Indiana or whether he'll play basketball while working on his degree, but his choice of major doesn't sway me to believe one way or the other.

I’ve got some academic Alan Henderson stories..... haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app