Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

Can anybody speak his defense abilities?
Can he be a 3 and D guy?  
Most concerning to me is that we were never interested until we whiffed elsewhere. Very Creany move. 
Its a total crean move imo.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Can anybody speak his defense abilities?

Can he be a 3 and D guy?  

Most concerning to me is that we were never interested until we whiffed elsewhere. Very Creany move. 

Yeah. I haven't watched him. I'm not for or against him. I do wonder if there's a difference between him and Quinones if you remove IMG brokering deals for Quinones. 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

I know but he became available now and IU is looking at options. Just because they reach out doesn’t automatically mean an offer, that would be a Crean move. Kicking the tires on available options seems reasonable to me

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Windham apparently had a big game vs Armaan Franklin/Cathedral in February. Can’t find a box score but had 18 in the 1st half. Wonder if someone from the staff was there that night to watch Franklin?

Starting to feel like lean Crean years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
The lean Crean years involved getting 3 star recruits or lower from states out east and down south. I never understood why he would venture out of the state to pick up anyone under a 4 star. There are plenty of 3 stars in Indiana that have dreamed of putting on the jersey. I'd take a 3 star from the state of Indiana over a 3 star from another state any day of the week.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just my opinion from the clips, I did not see a dunk, a block shot or jalen locking anyone down. Maybe not real athletic and did not show lock down D. But his outside shot showed a quick release. A player came my mind was jordan poole from michigan. Jalen seems to be a better athlete than damezi. Just plays faster. Im sure if Jalen was at a smaller school he would be pushed to score more than 17.9 a game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Dont we need an immediate impact grad transfer? This seems like a crean move.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

To be honest, when I watched him that one game, my thought was damn IU missed the boat on this kid. Then I looked up his reveuiting profile and what my eyes saw and where the services ranked him didn’t match. Again, it was a one game sample for me so I assumed it was a one off type game. But his season averages have been really good. 

If we get a grad transfer, I think it will be someone who can contribute off the bench. This kid can probably fill that same role. 

5 hours ago, Demo said:

Windham apparently had a big game vs Armaan Franklin/Cathedral in February. Can’t find a box score but had 18 in the 1st half. Wonder if someone from the staff was there that night to watch Franklin?

This was the game that I saw. Franklin looked good, Windham looked better. Kid played with an edge to him. Wasn’t going to be beaten. 

Wyndham shot 36% from 3-point range. That's what Romeo averaged his senior year in high school.  Don't we need a shooter with a higher rate?  Invariably shooting averages drop from high school to college.

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

As for the rumors, I never heard any of those. Was there a fight in the locker room, yes but pretty sure it didn't involve Romeo. There are always rumors of players sleeping with girlfriends. Watford sleeping with Hulls g/f was a big one a few years ago. Hulls married that girl and Watford was in the wedding so we know that didn't happen.

I was told on Friday that Anderson would be the next transfer, so we'll see if that happens. I think they are wrapping up the end of the year meetings this week. I still think that Smith goes too. 

I would take Brunk and Windham. I  don't think Lewis is a possibility. Happy Monday!!!

What do you think changed for Damezi?

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

As for the rumors, I never heard any of those. Was there a fight in the locker room, yes but pretty sure it didn't involve Romeo. There are always rumors of players sleeping with girlfriends. Watford sleeping with Hulls g/f was a big one a few years ago. Hulls married that girl and Watford was in the wedding so we know that didn't happen.

I was told on Friday that Anderson would be the next transfer, so we'll see if that happens. I think they are wrapping up the end of the year meetings this week. I still think that Smith goes too. 

I would take Brunk and Windham. I  don't think Lewis is a possibility. Happy Monday!!!

I hate to see a freshman leave. I feel Damezi's strengths are what this team needs. With that being said I can't say I'm shocked. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I hate to see a freshman leave. I feel Damezi's strengths are what this team needs. With that being said I can't say I'm shocked. 

I'm not sure he will, was just mentioned that he might be next. Hopefully not though. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I'm not sure he will, was just mentioned that he might be next. Hopefully not though. 

I can't blame Smith if he goes. I just hope Damezi and Jake stay for another year. I totally get a kid wanting more playing time though.