Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

22 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Just lost state with Ben Davis. 

Edit: 3* 6’5” SG 

Have you seen him and/or know anything about him? Only having 5 offers from just Georgia State, IUPUI and 3 MAC schools seems a bit scary on the surface.

43 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Never scene him, no opinion of his game,  But Ron Hunter recruits TOUGH kids. 100% confident that Windham has a ton of want-to.

Have you seen him and/or know anything about him? Only having 5 offers from just Georgia State, IUPUI and 3 MAC schools seems a bit scary on the surface.

He played with TJD and Brooks last summer and had a solid showing. He went on to have a solid senior year and lead Ben Davis to the state finals. He shoots it at a really nice clip and is 6’5. He actually has guard skills. He isn’t a wing project trying to play the guard position. Keep in mind IU watched everyone of his AAU games watching TJD and Brooks and we never heard any mention of them interested in him. Hunter left Georgia St so he decommitted and reopened and now here we are. Staff needs to evaluate and regardless of rankings they need to offer if that’s the direction they want to go

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Just watched the one game vs Cathedral. He played a tough hard nosed game. Cathedral couldn’t handle him. But outside of Franklin, I wasn’t impressed with anyone else on Cathedral. I believe they were ranked #6 at the time.   

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

He played with TJD and Brooks last summer and had a solid showing. He went on to have a solid senior year and lead Ben Davis to the state finals. He shoots it at a really nice clip and is 6’5. He actually has guard skills. He isn’t a wing project trying to play the guard position. Keep in mind IU watched everyone of his AAU games watching TJD and Brooks and we never heard any mention of them interested in him. Hunter left Georgia St so he decommitted and reopened and now here we are. Staff needs to evaluate and regardless of rankings they need to offer if that’s the direction they want to go

Thanks for the info and glad to hear he is a good shooter.

The rankings don’t bother me but the fact that not a single power conference team, or decent mid-major, offered him makes me wonder. 

Not watched a full game but watched clips of his game and agree to the sentiment of hes a guard. Outside shot looks real good and he appears unselfish. I would be happy if we picked him up. Not a super star freshman but could see the floor as a team need for shooters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Since he was released from Georgia State the Indy Star reported IU, Tulane (where Hunter went), Kent State, Loyola and Middle TN State have reached out to him.  That’s a little different recruiting swimming pool for us.

Thanks for the info and glad to hear he is a good shooter.
The rankings don’t bother me but the fact that not a single power conference team, or decent mid-major, offered him makes me wonder. 
What bothers me is we need immediate help and like you said no major offers for him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jalen Windham

Everyone wants Indiana kids that play with edge and can shoot. Schilling talks to one and everyone balks. He scored 9.7 ppg on Indy Heat with Trayce, Keion, and Mulloy. He was 88.9% free throw, and 44.7% from 3 on 103 attempts. Also good size at guard. The rankings and other offers are worrisome. 

Screenshot_20190331-231846_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190331-231823_Chrome.jpg

I’m not balking, as I do not know anything about him, but just a bit suprised to see him pop up on the radar solely because no other decent programs have gone after him (I.e. do we know something about his skills that literally no other power program knows? ). Many seem to think Leal is marginal but he is also 6”5’ (I know he is a 2020) and has been offered by Maryland, Iowa, Butler, Stanford, etc.  as opposed to Georgia State, IUPUI and MAC’s.

That being said,...he has good size, sounds like he is a good shooter and if the staff thinks he fills a need I say come on down. Who knows, Goins of MSU was a freshman walk-on and is now a contributing senior that hit a HUGE shot tonight against Duke.

Can anybody speak his defense abilities?
Can he be a 3 and D guy?  
Most concerning to me is that we were never interested until we whiffed elsewhere. Very Creany move. 

He was committed to Georgia St up until last week. He becomes available and the staff reaches out